Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Mother of Mercy - 54mm INQ open event (18th November 2017 - Confirmed)

Started by RobSkib, July 05, 2017, 10:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

I certainly won't be picky if someone turns up with a 54mm Valkyrie! That thing turns heads ;)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Cortez

Ok, I'll bring the Valkyrie then.

I've got a stack of cargo crates and some barrels to be carried by your sentinel too.

greenstuff_gav

i had planned on bringing the marines for display and my 3 Josef crew :lol:

and a chap called Sam who is starting Inquisitor :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

TheNephew

It's only just percolated through that this will be at WHW.
Apart from notGruss himself, my band of investigators consists of a Conclave sculpt (Gav's, I think?), a repurposed Malifaux model familiar, and a repainted toy spooky witch...
Plus 2014(?) booby prize mechasquig, of course.

From memory, the guys were usually pretty ok with it all as long as we're not flaunting the unofficial nature of the models, right?

Worst case I can just stick them back in the box, but ideally I'd be playing with more than one man and his dog to search an entire asteroid field station.

MarcoSkoll

The only time that I've seen the WHW staff raise the point was when someone left an unpainted miniature in obviously-not-GW resin out unattended.

Painted miniatures in the middle of games have never caused a fuss. Most of the staff don't know the Inquisitor range massively well, and many of us will be turning up with heavily converted or outright scratchbuilt models, making it even harder to spot the interlopers.
I even on one occasion explained to a staff member that my NPC guard were converted from "army men" (a slight lie - they're actually Airfix, but honestly, aside from a slightly higher quality, they're even in the same standard poses!) without trouble.

As long as you're low-key about it, everything should be fine.

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

Quote from: TheNephew on November 14, 2017, 11:50:02 PM
It's only just percolated through that this will be at WHW.
Apart from notGruss himself, my band of investigators consists of a Conclave sculpt (Gav's, I think?), a repurposed Malifaux model familiar, and a repainted toy spooky witch...
Plus 2014(?) booby prize mechasquig, of course.

From memory, the guys were usually pretty ok with it all as long as we're not flaunting the unofficial nature of the models, right?

Worst case I can just stick them back in the box, but ideally I'd be playing with more than one man and his dog to search an entire asteroid field station.

As Marco says it won't be a major issue. You can always borrow somebody elses chaps on the extremely rare chance of any objection.

TheNephew

I thought as much - all will be well.

What time are we expecting to finish up?
Haven't quite gotten around to booking tickets yet.
Looks like leaving Notts at 19:32 will be cheapest - too late? Too early?

"Long journey? Why not upgrade to 1st Class, from +£228". Hah.

MarcoSkoll

Unless Rob has something unusual planned, we normally wrap up about six, and a lot of people will make an exit pretty soon after. (Actually, although it looks like they've lengthened their hours again, they've been kicking us out by six since they had their remodel - given the hall entrance is now through the shop, so couldn't be closed separately)

In any case, if 1932 isn't fine, I'm in trouble, as I've booked a 1910 departure.  (I'd prefer slightly later, but I don't prefer it as much as it would actually cost me).

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

I'll need to get off fairly sharpish after 6.00pm. As I'm heading back to meet my Fiancee in Southport. So you should be fine with the 7.32 train.

Radu Lykan

Gutted I can't make this one but am hoping for lots of pics guys.

realitybytes16

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on November 13, 2017, 10:18:36 PM
i had planned on bringing the marines for display and my 3 Josef crew :lol:

and a chap called Sam who is starting Inquisitor :)

I am in fact that chap called Sam :).

Forgot that this was a 'clave event, so I'm excited to meet y'all. Unfortunately my own painting speed is far too glacial for me to be able to bring any minis along, mostly because I spend upwards of 36 hours a week in lectures, plus coursework/rehearsals ^^'. Hopefully I'll have something to show in the new year though.

Very much looking forward to my first game of Inquisitor! :)

RobSkib

Quote from: realitybytes16 on November 16, 2017, 08:42:45 PM
I am in fact that chap called Sam :).

Hello chap called Sam! It'll be a pleasure to have you along. Bring along what you can, and if you don't have anything on the day we'll have plenty of warbands ready to go so you can have a blast and get to grips with the game!

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on November 15, 2017, 09:49:20 PM
Unless Rob has something unusual planned, we normally wrap up about six, and a lot of people will make an exit pretty soon after.

I was there a few weeks back and the tables were open til 8 on a Saturday. It might have been a special occasion but I'm hoping we have some overlap. I anticipate we'll be done by 6, but it's nice to have that buffer in case we need to squeeze in an extra turn to get a satisfying conclusion. Myself and my Northern Crew (tm) will be hanging around til they kick us out of Bugman's as we have accomodation booked in Nottingham for the night, so anyone is welcome to stick around afterwards!

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on November 15, 2017, 12:16:56 AM
As long as you're low-key about it, everything should be fine.

We had this fustercluck a few weeks back, in the centre of the hall and screaming at the top of our lungs for four hours. There were definitely plenty of models in there that aren't GW, but everyone (including staff) that saw it were more agog at the spectacle than could pick us up on any of the characters individually.

I'm not worried ;)

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Cortez

Looks like a good event. I noticed you were using the Sector Mechanicus terrain, how well does that scale for Inquisitor? I've been thinking about getting some for the new Necromunda so if it works for Inq. too it'll be a further incentive.

MarcoSkoll

Unfortunately, due to an undercoating accident (it was possibly too cold when I tried), I won't be able to use Inquisitor Skoll's warband tomorrow. I think the models can be saved, but they'll probably need at least minor repair and it would be catastrophically stupid to rush it.

I'll need to decide whether I'll be using Inquisitor Rhodes or Lady Riemann instead. (Maybe I'll bring both and decide on the day).

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

That's a shame. Which one was Inquisitor Rhodes? I can't remember (and all your old pics have been photobucketted and can no longer be viewed).