Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Mother of Mercy Modelling Megathread

Started by RobSkib, July 11, 2017, 11:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

I really like the pose of Culiver - it implies weight in the weapon, and a determined stride.  I think Stone's legs are the best out there for portraying dynamism.

I'm interested in seeing how the landsknecht turns out.  I've never been sold on Empire state troops with sci fi guns at 28mm - as much as there is room for the late medieval styling in the 41st millennium, simply slapping an autogun on doesn't look "right" to me.

Ruaridh

RobSkib

Quote from: Van Helser on August 27, 2017, 05:19:32 PM
I'm interested in seeing how the landsknecht turns out.

Me too! I'm planning on adding a lot of Blanchian weirdness to hopefully balance out the frills and cuffs. The 28mm chappy is the result of a kitbashed Necromunda gang from a job lot of random garbage I got a while back, so nothing special. It was the pose and fancypants-ness I wanted to replicate, except with more pipes, tubes and weird gubbinz that should make the grimdark element pop a lot more.

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

JanuineVision

Quote from: RobSkib on July 11, 2017, 08:32:49 PM
Bah! I guess I shall take some ever-so-slightly-not finished pictures then to prove you wrong :P

He has no less than six visible knives, ranging from big 'n' choppy to small 'n' throwy, and he will benefit from the 'Always has another knife' special rule, so I doubt he'll run out in game!

He's basically finished now, just need to do a bit more detail on the base and I can move on to Conan.

Holy crap - he is perfect. Beautiful paintjob. Love the tatts - really bring the character to life.  top work RobSkib

RobSkib

Quote from: JanuineVision on September 06, 2017, 11:15:28 PMHoly crap - he is perfect. Beautiful paintjob. Love the tatts - really bring the character to life.  top work RobSkib

Thanks! That guy definitely sated my need to do complicated tattoos, at least for a while anyway ;) As for slightly less complicated tattoos...

May I present Conan the Unkillable! An angry ex-ganger who fled his life in the big Hive City to pursue a life of adventure, fame and fortune amongst the stars. He ended up in Mercy doing basically the same thing he left behind, but at least the scenery is nice.

He belonged to the Red Hand Gang, little more than a bunch of low-life underhive thugs with a fearsome reputation. As part of their initiation, you would have your left hand tattooed with the blood of your first kill, and each subsequent kill would be another ring added up your forearm. He also suffers from a slew of mutations, the most obvious being albinism and Vin Diesel-esque night eyes, so he needs to wear protective goggles when in the daylight. Most notably however is his incredibly regenerative abilities, something that has earned him his nickname and drawn the attention of the Inquisition responding to reports of 'an unstoppable banded ghost' haunting the lower habs of Mercy...

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.