Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

SEMI-CANCELLED - 28th October 2017, Hemel Hempstead

Started by MarcoSkoll, August 23, 2017, 04:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Due to a lack of responses from any of the people who said they might be interested, I have had to cancel this as a formal event.

Should anyone decide that they are actually available, I will probably be able to knock together something more casual at shorter notice (TELL ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE), but I cannot sustain a proper event with no confirmed guests.

~~~~~

Original post:
As the date is getting closer, I'm going to give this suggestion a full thread.

My local gaming club (Hemel Hempstead Wargaming Club in Hertfordshire) has Saturday open days four times a year, and the only one this year I didn't have a schedule clash for is the 28th October.
Although I haven't got any concrete plans about plot yet, I'd like to propose an Inquisitor gaming day on my home turf.

It's not quite Warhammer World or Dark Sphere, but it is a decent venue.

> Tables and scenery are readily available (although I'm told that some people are planning a WH40k tournament on that day, so the selection may be a bit scarcer than usual).  You can see some examples in these IRE playtests:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcoskoll/sets/72157681460733971
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcoskoll/sets/72157684277372572

> The club is 10 minutes drive from either the M25 or M1 (with a decent amount of free parking), and the train station, although a bit of a walk, is on the West Coast mainline with 4 trains an hour both to and from London Euston.

> There's a choice of Chinese, Indian, kebabs, Pizza Hut, KFC, Greggs, Subway and Asda within 5 minutes walk, plus a reasonably well stocked tuck hamper.

> The day runs from 10:30 to 5:00, with a £5 fee for non-members.

~~~~~

There's no leeway on the date, but if I could see a show of hands for who might be interested, it'll give me an idea of whether there's an event to be had out of this.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

Interested? Yes.
Able to make it? No idea, need to check my calendar/fiancee.

I guess it provides impetus for me to finish the pilot for one of my warbands, and maybe get on with a few other projects. I keep adding more projects instead of finishing current ones. ::)
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

Hmm. That's not exactly an overwhelming response, even after sharing it on Facebook.

It looks like this one may not be able to go ahead.

GW's =I= articles

BeardMonk

Iv not posted on here for a very long time but iv noticed that the event is in Hemel. Iv just started painting my old 54mm inq models and would love to play inq again. Im only down in Romford/Upminster if there were other games happening.
Life is short, but the doom is long

Cortez

It's getting to Hemel Hempstead that's the problem for me, sorry

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: BeardMonk on September 05, 2017, 09:50:35 AMIm only down in Romford/Upminster if there were other games happening.
I'd love to get something more regular going, although I have been struggling to get that level of interest out of many of the rest of the club.

If I could rope a few more people in, then it might be easier to get up some momentum. (Although even so, I suspect it'd only be every few weeks).

Quote from: Cortez on September 05, 2017, 10:33:34 AM
It's getting to Hemel Hempstead that's the problem for me, sorry
I know it's not quite as accessible as our big venues in Nottingham or London, but I was hoping it wouldn't be too bad for people. Hemel station is only 24 minutes out of London Euston, so it's not terribly connected.

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

It's the return journey that's the problem. The trains don't seem to match up well which means there's either a long wait at Euston or several changes.

It might be worth making the effort though if you think there'll be enough interest as I'm not sure what's happening with Robskib's event or if we're planning on having a IGT this year?

MarcoSkoll

I don't know about other events - it'd be nice to fit in all of these things, but the timing means that we're either going to have to force one in soon, put two close together, or push something into December (although the IGT used to be in December, I suppose).

I should probably kick Rob and find out what's happening.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i'm in Corfu start of Oct so won't know how my finances are till i'm back so can't commit.
plus i've only got Kal's crew left i'd be limited on who i can play!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

RobSkib

Location is a bit of a sticky wicket for me, it involves going into and out of London via train, which is far from cheap or swift, and the car ride down from t'North is a little excessive to persuade any car comrades to drive us down. I shall inquire about, but it's looking unlikely from me I'm afraid :/
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

Well, as it is my home turf, it's theoretically possible that I could offer the spare bed or some floor space to people if overnighting would make their transport easier or cheaper, but I'd have to check that with the rest of the family before I could make any promises. (And most of them aren't here this weekend).

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

28th October I could possibly make - maybe even by train (all I have to do is travel into central london (via london bridge) and schlep across to Euston via the tube, and then take the train from there (is Hemel Hempstead in zone 6?). Bit of a hike, so I'd probably arrive late, unless I left crazy early.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

Hemel is a bit outside the London travel zones (it's past Watford Junction), but it's one of the larger stations, so some of the faster trains only stop once at Watford before they get there.

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

I've just realised I've got a clashing event for the 28th. Sorry.

MarcoSkoll

I've left this open for a while, but the answers have not improved from five "maybes" (of various degrees), and one "no".

Unless some of those turn into "yes" in the very near future, then I will unfortunately have to cancel this as an event.

GW's =I= articles