Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Introduction to forum

Started by tryktox, October 07, 2017, 10:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tryktox

Hello fellow inquisitors, rouge traders and chaos lords,
I have been lurking for so long, that I had to re-create my account. My first (and last) game of Inquisitor was more than a decade ago. I tried to read new developments every now and then. Yesterday I found my old rulebook and felt the urge to create a magos of the mechanicus. Probably only for display as there are no inq-players in my vicinity.
Still, happy to be here!

Cheers, tryktox.

MarcoSkoll

Have a traditional Big Yellow Welcome then:

WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE!

It is a shame that there's quite so few of us players left these days (even 28mm Inquisitor has often given way to "Inquisimunda", a modified version of Necromunda), but the models can indeed be fantastic display pieces, so we look forward to seeing your modelling endeavours.

As far as your account, we've lost the forum database a few times over the years*,  occasionally we've run clean-ups of completely inactive accounts, and then there was the epic spammer problem we had, where a few valid accounts probably got lost in the admin approval bin**.

* Although I think the last complete loss was in mid-2009, so I suppose this has to be the longest running iteration of The Conclave; sometime in the last few months, this version of the forum must have become older than Inquisitor was back in 2009, so no prior version could possibly have run for this long. On that note, probably a good time to make sure I've got a fresh backup of the database.

** When I helped take over admin duties, I manually went through the ~10,500 spam requests (which was just a few months worth; it usually got periodically purged) trying to find any that seemed valid, finding only about 30 that seemed valid.
Which, to cut a long story short, is why the anti-spam questions on the sign-up page are now WH40K trivia; even human spammers tend not to know which planet the Golden Throne is on.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

tryktox

Your answer made me realise once more how old I really am  :'(
Hope I can find some time for sketches for the AdMech soon.

Cheers, tryktox

Lord Borak

A bit late to the party but

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Where about's are you based?

tryktox

Thanks for the welcome! I am based in the south-east of Lower Saxony in Germany.

Lord Borak

So not massively local to Warhammer World then :/

tryktox