Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor at the London GT (19-20 May 2018)

Started by MarcoSkoll, October 18, 2017, 10:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genghis

I'm interested if there's a 28mm option.  (There's a possibility I'll be on a course with work then, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get away for that weekend so I can't commit yet, but there's good odds I'll be available.)

I'm quite inexperienced at Inquisitor, having only played one campaign and sort of GMed another (very basically, and we were all beginners), so I'm not sure how much I'd be able to offer in supporting GM-type stuff.  Assuming I can make it, I could potentially help with NPCs if required.

Being quite new to all this, what sort of characters/warbands would we need to partake?  (And would stats/kit/backstory be all agreed here prior to the event itself?)

(Also, I'll put a link to this on the Lead Adventure Forum, which may attract some interest.)
"We are the night-born, we are the children of the otherworld, we are the wolves from Antumnos"

greenstuff_gav

Someone posted in 40k that tickets were nearly sold out; we need to buy tickets for the venue then tickets for whatever we organise?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

mcjomar

Damn, do I need to buy a ticket now?
Is there a specific ticket type I need to buy?

EDIT: Well I bought a CAP ticket for now (does that cover both saturday and sunday?), and I guess I'll worry about anything else once we have a decision here?
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Cortez

Ok, I've bought the Convention Access Pass.  Hope that's all we'll need for now.

MarcoSkoll

On the matter of tickets, yes, you will need both a CAP and a ticket for our event.

However as far as them selling out - emphasis mine, but otherwise verbatim from when I asked the lead organiser:

-Marco: "When will players have to make a commitment by? I see you've said in a few places that last year's convention sold out in 11 days - if that's the overall entry tickets to get in at all, that may be a problem for us, as I know a lot of our players can't make a concrete commitment this far in advance."

- Zach: "Commitment wise, the absolutley drop dead date is end of April. Though in reality we ask people to sign up as soon as possible so that we can plan terrain and tables etc. well in advance. A typical rule of thumb is, the earlier in the process we get people signed up, the better the event will be.

Last year we did indeed sell out in 11 days, this was mainly 40k led and I anticipate that we will repeat or better this again, for 40k. Your tables won't be competing with them and i'll ensure your guys can get tickets.  Though I encourage you to impress upon them the benefits of committing early i.e. November"

~~~~~

(I'll respond to more in a moment, but I'm posting this part ASAP)
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Genghis on November 01, 2017, 11:24:12 AM
I'm interested if there's a 28mm option.  (There's a possibility I'll be on a course with work then, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get away for that weekend so I can't commit yet, but there's good odds I'll be available.)
I'm trying to arrange it, but my 28mm collection simply isn't large enough to sustain a large event, not while maintaining the standard I want to be presenting, so I'm desperately trying to appeal to other people to assist.

That's also heavily because I don't want my personal biases to skew the entire event - as much as I love my "dissect metals and use lots of greenstuff" style of INQ28, I know it doesn't inspire people in the same way as the kitbashy Blanchitsu style, and so I'd really like to see that presented by people who can really show it off to its fullest rather than me trying to imitate it.

QuoteI'm quite inexperienced at Inquisitor, having only played one campaign and sort of GMed another (very basically, and we were all beginners), so I'm not sure how much I'd be able to offer in supporting GM-type stuff.  Assuming I can make it, I could potentially help with NPCs if required.
That shouldn't be an issue. I'm expecting to write a lot of the scenarios as fairly GM-light, so that it can just be left to an experienced player to take charge of turn order and as many people can get stuck in as possible.

QuoteBeing quite new to all this, what sort of characters/warbands would we need to partake?  (And would stats/kit/backstory be all agreed here prior to the event itself?)
Your choice of characters and warbands will be very open.

The overall story is about whether a sub-sector will risk overextending in a religious crusade against Chaos or instead tearing itself apart in civil war.
Neither answer is clear-cut, and it's a story in which Puritans, Radicals, Rogue Traders, Techpriests, preachers, heretics, outright traitors, agents of the enemy, or even Xenos infiltrators might find themselves supporting either side.

There probably won't be a whole lot of room for Space Marine Dreadnoughts* or Ork Warbosses, but most sensible Inquisitor characters should be fine.

* Although if anyone did actually go to the trouble of modelling one for Inquisitor, it might be able to fit into the finale I've got in mind, particularly as that may have a Warhound Titan stomping around anyway.

As far as character sheets - I've yet to decide if I want to audit those in advance. I wouldn't normally, but we may be getting some players who aren't familiar with the idea of "Conclave Standard" statlines.

GW's =I= articles

Genghis

Thank you for the answers.  As I said, unfortunately I can't commit at this time, but if I am free, and there is 28mm, I will do my best to be there.  I should be able to confirm by the end of Jan (once I'm settled into a new job), which hopefully isn't too late.

Assuming I can make it, whatever the official policy is, I'll throw my character sheets up for vetting.  I've read some of the Conclave posts on the subject, but would seek confirmation I'm on the right track.  That said...

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on November 02, 2017, 02:44:42 AM
...finale I've got in mind, particularly as that may have a Warhound Titan stomping around anyway.

With that in mind, do I need to start trading in shotguns and laspistols for meltaguns and chainfists?   ;)
"We are the night-born, we are the children of the otherworld, we are the wolves from Antumnos"

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Genghis on November 03, 2017, 03:17:06 PMWith that in mind, do I need to start trading in shotguns and laspistols for meltaguns and chainfists?   ;)
I'm going to say "no". :P

She's my crazy 54mm scale display project, so I simply wouldn't have the option for her to appear on the 28mm tables anyway*, and half the point of putting her on a table at all would be to be an unstoppable force. Characters are supposed to think around her rather than take her head-on (given the Inquisitor damage stats for Titan weapons would really just be rolling dice to see how large an area a character's bloody remains are now spread over).

*Another reason I'd really like to rope in some serious 28mm talent, so as to arrange some similarly cool toys.

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

I have gone ahead and bought a CAP.  This way I'm less likely to miss out if they go off general sale before I know my movements and commitments next year.

If I do bring Alias Strang, then I am going to revisit that paint job.  The colours are all far too flat.  And perhaps should be psychedelic after his hallucinogen experimentation.

Ruaridh

Genghis

A 54mm Warhound!  I bet that'll be a sight to see.

Is anyone here active on the Oldhammer forum?  I'm not, but from what I understand of it, this might be the sort of thing some of them might be interested in, especially in the realms of "serious 28mm talent".

MarcoSkoll

Embarrassingly delayed, I've sent off a draft briefing pack to the organisers, so we'll hopefully be able to get tickets for our event up for sale soon.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Speaking with the organisers, things should be ready to launch tomorrow.

The weekend will be ticketed as separate Saturday and Sunday events (although there's been no discussion yet about pricing), so people will be able to show up on just the days they can make it.

As discussed before, these days will be a narrative campaign and an "open event" (basically the IGT format, but hopefully with a name that needs less explaining that "no, it isn't just people turning up with Space Marines and killing each other", which I didn't think would be so great with other people doing a lot of the publicity).

Please bear in mind that places are not unlimited - at the moment, I've asked that the events are limited to 24 places on each day in order to keep the numbers manageable. While this would still be considerably larger than any Inquisitor event I've previously been to (the largest for me thus far was 16 players at the 2011 IGT),  it is possible that the places could disappear if sales are either very fast* or slow**, so early commitment is advised!

* I will be asking Gav Thorpe very kindly if he wouldn't mind sharing it around. Also, with six months advance warning and in a city with major international links, it's not unthinkable that this would be accessible to non-UK players (more so than our "no more than three months notice" Nottingham events, anyway).
** If we're struggling to sell tickets, I won't be able to keep arguing that we merit all that space. I've pointed out that we won't need a lot of tables to fit in 24 people, but even so...

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

After some hiccups, we've sorted out the preliminary details of the format for the 2018 LondonGT Inquisitor Narrative event(s), and tickets are now on sale (54mm only for the moment):

https://www.lgtpresents.co.uk/inquisitor

The overall weekend will be split into two separate events. Participants are welcome to attend for either or both days:
- On Saturday 19th May 2018, "Legacy", a narrative campaign set in the build-up to a religious crusade.
Will you support a crusade that the sub-sector is not truly prepared for, or will you stand against it, risking the religious frenzy boiling over into civil war?

- On Sunday 20th May 2018, an open event where the participants get to run scenarios of their own design, inflicting the horrors of the Dark Millennium upon each other in turn.
(This is broadly the IGT format with a friendlier name).

Early commitment is recommended, as space across the overall London GT is at a premium and we may have our allocation restricted if demand for the 40K and AOS events remains high.

(Please note that tickets are sold separately for each day, and you will also need a Convention Access Pass for the overall London GT).

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

Well I've bought a ticket for the Saturday. £20 is rather steep though.

MarcoSkoll

They told me there would be discussion of ticket pricing, but that appears to have been abandoned as the convention has expanded to more and more events (with all the main events at exactly the same prices).

I would have liked to have knocked it down to £10-15 and I can try complaining if people want/need me to, but it's been a bit of a rush trying to fit this in around getting stuff ready for Saturday.

There is part of me that says it would mean a bit of budget to make sure all the tables look really pretty, get things like mission briefings and contact cards (which I'm strongly considering as a plot progression option) printed up properly or maybe even arrange a few cool extras (I'm planning to sculpt some NPCs for the event, and it's not at all out of the question that some of those could be cast up as event exclusive miniatures for participants)...

... but obviously, that's not preferable to people not turning up because of the cost.

GW's =I= articles