Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor at the London GT (19-20 May 2018)

Started by MarcoSkoll, October 18, 2017, 10:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNephew

£20 is a bit steep, but since it's the first time and all I can definitely do one day.

To be honest, it looks pretty expensive all round, from entry to event tickets, but perhaps I'm just inexperienced with non-trade show conventions.

Smashing event pack though, Marco.
An L][GT-exclusive mini would be amazing, but maybe that's stretching a bit.
Either way, once I work out which day I can do, I'll get a ticket.

MarcoSkoll

I sent around a newsletter about the LGT earlier, but I now discover that my attempts to change the forum to use one of my email addresses (so that replies to forum e-mails were going into my inbox, rather than Gav's, as I'm generally most active) seemed to have directed forum mail into my spam box.

Can people check their spam boxes please and tell me if the same fate has befallen them? If it's happened to more than a few people, I'll send it out again (this time under a newly set up forum-specific email address), as it's quite an important message!

Quote from: TheNephew on November 15, 2017, 08:19:12 PMAn L][GT-exclusive mini would be amazing, but maybe that's stretching a bit.
Well, it seems within the bounds of possibility, although it's obviously up to people to decide whether that's the kind of thing they'd like. I thought it'd be an interesting gift for attendees (particularly given that model availability is one of the issues with Inquisitor these days).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

Well I've grabbed my saturday event ticket.
I'm still mulling over the sunday event ticket.
I'll possibly grab it, we'll see.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Hadriel Caine

[clears throat]

Ahem.

Hello brothers, six long years have passed. And here we find ourselves.

London is it. May, you say, the 18th year... a mile from my current habitation and the week of my birth celebrations....

-

I abandoned you (some will remember, others won't) all in 2011 as I moved to London, assuming I would have no time for the hobby. Well... turns out I'm a massively competitive gamer and podcast host these days for AoS and Bloodbowl. But goodness me do I miss good old days.

I actually am helping run the Blood Bowl event at LGT and know the events organisers. Its going to be awesome.

I've had my arm twisted to play AoS, Blood Bowl and Necromunda... but then I saw that something called 'The Conclave' would be running a little know game called Inquisitor. And my heart skipped several beats. Luckily my second heart didn't.

@salarath and @Makelor (old old users) and I are potentialy VERY keen to push our tickets in the =][= direction.

Questions:

1) What scale is predominant these days? I see Marco (hey Marco :) ) has been working very hard and has mentioned both 28mm and 54mm, have we reached a consensus? I do love 54mm, have talked about it at length on here in the past, but 28mm has a lot more scope these days in some ways. Not least of all in terms of terrain and creating more immersive worlds, especially as there seems to be budget/ ticket price concerns. For reference most AoS/ Bloodbowl events come in at £34-40 for the weekend including lunch so LGT is certainly on the dearer side of things.

2) Am I welcome back after years of transgression (and not even playing in the same universe)

3) What can I do to help organisationally and liasion-wise (my gaming club is a 5 minute walk from the Olympic Stadium and I've been starting to talk bout =][= a lot...)?

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, 6 years has made me unfamiliar with the interface!

EEK!

Adam

//EDIT= I'm going to get told off by mods immediately aren't I. Return to form... I've found the event pack on the website. Still keen to help/ talk about scale etc and help where I can. Perhaps a DM to Marco would've sufficed, but I'm excited to be back.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Hadriel Caine on December 04, 2017, 06:41:28 PM1) What scale is predominant these days? I see Marco (hey Marco :) ) has been working very hard and has mentioned both 28mm and 54mm, have we reached a consensus?
54mm is definitely happening at the event. 28mm may also be happening, depending on whether I can find enough support from the community and what the event organisers say about ticket sales.

QuoteFor reference most AoS/ Bloodbowl events come in at £34-40 for the weekend including lunch so LGT is certainly on the dearer side of things.
Sorry about that - the organisers didn't discuss the ticket pricing with me (they said they would; they didn't) and it's now become a bit awkward to change.
I will try to do what I can to make the event worth that price. (This may include things like an event exclusive miniature).

Quote2) Am I welcome back after years of transgression (and not even playing in the same universe)
Certainly. I will absolutely forgive years of absence if it means we get to have a nice healthy turnout.

Quote3) What can I do to help organisationally and liasion-wise (my gaming club is a 5 minute walk from the Olympic Stadium and I've been starting to talk bout =][= a lot...)?
I don't know yet, but I will definitely bear it in mind.

Quote//EDIT= I'm going to get told off by mods immediately aren't I.
Probably not. I mostly handle that job these days, and everything seems fine in my book.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

I've had a message from the LGT organisers, who say few tickets have been sold so far - particularly so for Sunday, to the point we have only one sign up.

I intend on putting out an e-mail to try and remind people (I suspect that some people may have been waiting to budget tickets and it's slipped their mind), but before I do that, this clearly isn't a resounding endorsement of the plan, so is there anything in particular people think needs to be changed?

(I can bring up ticket pricing if people think that's the underlying issue, but that's obviously somewhat impractical now some tickets have already been sold).

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

I can't do the Sunday.

How many tickets have been sold for the Saturday?

MarcoSkoll

Three. That's obviously not great, but I'm also not worried, as I'm sure those numbers can be brought up enough - we have a proven success with Saturday events, and a lot of people told me they couldn't commit very early.

(This is all before I've made any decision about whether to invite the 28mm community of course; part of the reason I was waiting was because I needed to see 54mm sales first).

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

I haven't bought my ticket yet, but I will - dates are cleared with SWMBO, I just need to pick a day.

As I said (or intended to) earlier in the thread, I was going to sign up for whichever day was in need of more players.
To be honest, if there's only two or three people Sunday, I think I'd rather do Saturday though. More people to utilise tables, and easier travel.
It's probably no great comfort to you or the LGT people to merely say so, but I'll definitely be buying one one-day ticket.

The primary reason for the delay, as raised previously, is cost.
I'm not used to dropping £30 to play - that's pretty much triple the cost of any game ticket I've had to buy. Admittedly I'm not a huge tournament goer, but still, had the tickets (or total buy, rather) been £20 or less I'd have probably just picked one by now.
At £50, there's just no way I'm doing both days.
If LGT told you that there would be negotiation, or at least some for of discussion, about pricing, then I think it might be worth pointing out that this is unexpectedly expensive and probably flattening a bit of the hype about it.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: TheNephew on January 13, 2018, 06:59:27 PMTo be honest, if there's only two or three people Sunday, I think I'd rather do Saturday though.
At this stage, my vote is if people are only going to do one day, do Saturday. One event with healthy numbers and one tiny event will be much easier for me to deal with than two middling events.

(Smaller events will be easier to rethink if it turns out that the numbers aren't good enough - if it gets close to the event and Sunday is going to work out as only about three people, then I'll lock that down, talk with those three people and I'll work out something special for them).

QuoteIf LGT told you that there would be negotiation, or at least some for of discussion, about pricing
I won't quote the exact passage, because it was sent as a private communication, but it was definitely said that there would be some form of discussion.
It may have been forgotten when things went past the launch deadline (I won't completely shirk the blame for that, but I could have done with more than 13 days to get a plan for a large Inquisitor event together) and everything thus got a bit rushed, but it was said.

I don't know what we can do this year, but if we return next year I'll definitely argue for a more modest price.

GW's =I= articles

Genghis

Whilst it is a bit pricey, that's not a show-stopper for me.  It probably doesn't help much at this point, but I'll be in for both days, contingent upon there being 28mm options.
"We are the night-born, we are the children of the otherworld, we are the wolves from Antumnos"

Van Helser

An irregular login for me, but I am the lonely soul signed up for Sunday.  I've got a Saturday ticket too.  I was surprised that it was £20 per day, but I guess we have been lucky to have had all our events where there was no booking fee, nor organisation, advertising etc. etc. by a third party. 

I suspect more people will sign up in time...  Organising 4 months in advance isn't always easy.

Ruaridh

Heroka Vendile

as co-administrator of the facebook page through which the communication with LGT is occurring, means I am aware of the actual numbers being discussed - and honestly at the moment they don't exactly encourage me to fork out for a weekend trip to London from Scotland, requiring a day off work.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

You don't need to worry about keeping the numbers secret, Euan - I've already reported them above.

Unfortunately, I've been a bit overwhelmed recently to really get stuck into rethinking the publicity campaign, but people have my permission to nag me incessantly if I've not at least sent around a new round of e-mails, social media and forum posts by the end of the month.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

This is slightly delayed news, but it is fairly big news.

As a sequel to having John Blanche along for an event last year, this time we should be getting a visit from Gav Thorpe, who I've helped the London GT rope in as one of their special guests. (Which I suspect is part of why they're giving us quite so much leeway over our unsold tickets).

Although Gav won't be directly joining The Conclave's Inquisitor narratives at the event (unless he's planning on dropping a rather terrifying surprise on me!), it's pretty much a given that he'll come by while he's not busy with seminars, so you'll have an opportunity to get rulebooks signed or ask a couple of game design questions.

It'd be really great to have a good turnout when that happens, so please put your name down if you haven't already and pester any Inquisitor playing friends until they join us.

GW's =I= articles