Author Topic: Inquisitor at the London GT (19-20 May 2018) - Tickets now on sale  (Read 985 times)

Offline TheNephew

• Inquisitor
Re: Inquisitor at the London GT (19-20 May 2018) - Tickets now on sale
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2017, 08:19:12 PM »
20 is a bit steep, but since it's the first time and all I can definitely do one day.

To be honest, it looks pretty expensive all round, from entry to event tickets, but perhaps I'm just inexperienced with non-trade show conventions.

Smashing event pack though, Marco.
An L][GT-exclusive mini would be amazing, but maybe that's stretching a bit.
Either way, once I work out which day I can do, I'll get a ticket.

Offline MarcoSkoll

• Arch Data-Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Time for some thrilling heroics.
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2017, 03:57:41 AM »
I sent around a newsletter about the LGT earlier, but I now discover that my attempts to change the forum to use one of my email addresses (so that replies to forum e-mails were going into my inbox, rather than Gav's, as I'm generally most active) seemed to have directed forum mail into my spam box.

Can people check their spam boxes please and tell me if the same fate has befallen them? If it's happened to more than a few people, I'll send it out again (this time under a newly set up forum-specific email address), as it's quite an important message!

An L][GT-exclusive mini would be amazing, but maybe that's stretching a bit.
Well, it seems within the bounds of possibility, although it's obviously up to people to decide whether that's the kind of thing they'd like. I thought it'd be an interesting gift for attendees (particularly given that model availability is one of the issues with Inquisitor these days).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Offline mcjomar

• Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Courage and Honour!
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2017, 08:39:58 AM »
Well I've grabbed my saturday event ticket.
I'm still mulling over the sunday event ticket.
I'll possibly grab it, we'll see.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Offline Hadriel Caine

• Inquisitor Lord
  • Its Grimdark up North.
    • the Ordo Pessimus
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2017, 06:41:28 PM »
[clears throat]

Ahem.

Hello brothers, six long years have passed. And here we find ourselves.

London is it. May, you say, the 18th year... a mile from my current habitation and the week of my birth celebrations....

-

I abandoned you (some will remember, others won't) all in 2011 as I moved to London, assuming I would have no time for the hobby. Well... turns out I'm a massively competitive gamer and podcast host these days for AoS and Bloodbowl. But goodness me do I miss good old days.

I actually am helping run the Blood Bowl event at LGT and know the events organisers. Its going to be awesome.

I've had my arm twisted to play AoS, Blood Bowl and Necromunda... but then I saw that something called 'The Conclave' would be running a little know game called Inquisitor. And my heart skipped several beats. Luckily my second heart didn't.

@salarath and @Makelor (old old users) and I are potentialy VERY keen to push our tickets in the =][= direction.

Questions:

1) What scale is predominant these days? I see Marco (hey Marco :) ) has been working very hard and has mentioned both 28mm and 54mm, have we reached a consensus? I do love 54mm, have talked about it at length on here in the past, but 28mm has a lot more scope these days in some ways. Not least of all in terms of terrain and creating more immersive worlds, especially as there seems to be budget/ ticket price concerns. For reference most AoS/ Bloodbowl events come in at 34-40 for the weekend including lunch so LGT is certainly on the dearer side of things.

2) Am I welcome back after years of transgression (and not even playing in the same universe)

3) What can I do to help organisationally and liasion-wise (my gaming club is a 5 minute walk from the Olympic Stadium and I've been starting to talk bout =][= a lot...)?

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, 6 years has made me unfamiliar with the interface!

EEK!

Adam

//EDIT= I'm going to get told off by mods immediately aren't I. Return to form... I've found the event pack on the website. Still keen to help/ talk about scale etc and help where I can. Perhaps a DM to Marco would've sufficed, but I'm excited to be back.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Offline MarcoSkoll

• Arch Data-Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Time for some thrilling heroics.
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2017, 07:28:17 PM »
1) What scale is predominant these days? I see Marco (hey Marco :) ) has been working very hard and has mentioned both 28mm and 54mm, have we reached a consensus?
54mm is definitely happening at the event. 28mm may also be happening, depending on whether I can find enough support from the community and what the event organisers say about ticket sales.

For reference most AoS/ Bloodbowl events come in at 34-40 for the weekend including lunch so LGT is certainly on the dearer side of things.
Sorry about that - the organisers didn't discuss the ticket pricing with me (they said they would; they didn't) and it's now become a bit awkward to change.
I will try to do what I can to make the event worth that price. (This may include things like an event exclusive miniature).

2) Am I welcome back after years of transgression (and not even playing in the same universe)
Certainly. I will absolutely forgive years of absence if it means we get to have a nice healthy turnout.

3) What can I do to help organisationally and liasion-wise (my gaming club is a 5 minute walk from the Olympic Stadium and I've been starting to talk bout =][= a lot...)?
I don't know yet, but I will definitely bear it in mind.

//EDIT= I'm going to get told off by mods immediately aren't I.
Probably not. I mostly handle that job these days, and everything seems fine in my book.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles