Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor at the London GT (19-20 May 2018)

Started by MarcoSkoll, October 18, 2017, 10:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

As an update, the organisers are fine with us doing an ad like that with a game picture and logo, so we're at least not wasting time barking up the wrong tree.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

No-one has loudly complained about that image, and no-one has thrust me a particularly good image to use, so I'm assuming we're going ahead with that one.

Here's four variants of me trying to layer the logo in - tell me which you think is best.

Wider white border:

30% Translucent background:

Wide white border and 30% translucent background:

50% Translucent background:

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

MarcoSkoll

I'd hoped for a bit more feedback, but I've already dawdled over this too long, so unless I hear any resounding complaints by the middle of tomorrow (Tuesday, for clarity), I'll be going with Van Helser's vote and running the last of those.

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

I second the Van Helser vote.
Just beginning to wish I had a better camera, and more Inquisitor games under my belt with better scenery/photographs.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

TheNephew

MarcoSkoll

To remind anyone who's forgotten, don't forget to buy your tickets for this event!

Based on the list of people I'm expecting and the latest sales numbers from the GT organisers, it seems like not everyone has remembered!

~~~~~

Also, unfortunately, I have to set a final deadline of 31st March 23:59 BST to hear from enough 28mm players to be able to expand the event.
More players will be able to sign up after this if it goes ahead, but if I haven't got a bare minimum by then, I won't have a safe 28mm event, won't have time to plan and will have to only go ahead with 54mm scale.

It feels wrong to be going to such a large show and not showcasing everything that Inquisitor can be, so if you're reading this as a 28mm player and would be interested in attending, please comment below and help bring 28mm to the London GT.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Totalling up all the responses I had across sites at the deadline, unfortunately I haven't got enough to add 28mm to the event.

After throwing out the "yes" responses on the Facebook poll that seem to be people not particularly reading the poll (such as people in the US), adding in answers I've had elsewhere and doing my best to make sure I'm not counting anyone twice, the numbers are just too few for me to be sure of a safe event.

The problem is that the majority of my answers are from FB, but my previous experience with FB is that player take-up is not at all reliable (particularly when I've only got a "tick yes" answer rather than someone actually engaging with comments). If I'd had the same number of responses but they were all from The Conclave or Ammobunker, I'd be going ahead right now, but poor attendance would cause a massive headache when I've got two scales to deal with, so there's just not enough to open ticket sales to 28mm.

If the LGT invites us back next year, I'll try for dual scale again (as one of the problems seems to be that several major 28mm community members have other things on for that weekend and can't join us), but this year players are going to have to attend at 54mm.

(However, should anyone have both 54mm and 28mm collections, they are absolutely welcome to bring both - if enough people did that, then we might be able to run some of the games at 28mm, but people will need to assume we'll be primarily playing 54mm).

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

As the e-mail newsletter I've just sent around says, the "drop dead" date for sign-ups for the event is the end of April, as after this the LGT organisers need to start making final arrangements.

If you want to join us, and you've been procrastinating over it, you'll need your tickets before the start of May!

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

I am now officially attending both Saturday & Sunday at the LGT  ;D
Tickets bought, flights booked, etc, etc.

Now to brush up on Inquisitor, which I've probably not actually played in at least... 4 or 5 years.

Out of interest, where abouts in London are folk staying? Weighing up my options and if we're thinking of any social drinks or such after Saturday it might be handy.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on April 28, 2018, 09:25:46 PMNow to brush up on Inquisitor, which I've probably not actually played in at least... 4 or 5 years.
It'll come back really fast.

Although Inquisitor's got a lot of modifiers, most of the rules are fairly logical, the game has nothing in the way of "movement before shooting" or "only one attack per turn" restrictions that you need to remember, and because it's GMed you have the freedom to go outside the normal rules anyway. (Plus the GM can fill in any gaps in your memory of the rules).

QuoteOut of interest, where abouts in London are folk staying?
I personally won't be, as by chance the dates match up with a narrowboat event in Rickmansworth - I'll be helping my parents get their boats there,  and then staying on the boats there.

It'll be a slightly longer journey than staying within London itself, but it is still on the tube network, and the mooring is close to the station (our narrowboats are both 1936 built - they have enough historic pedigree* that we get to put up near the main road bridge to the canal during the event).

* Neither is quite the image of your canal postcards with a boatman taking ten tonnes of coal from the mines to the factories though, as they've had work done over that time.
Sickle is probably the more "authentic", as she's still preserved much as she was for most of her working life - she was shortened in 1942 to convert her to an icebreaker as part of keeping the canals open for the war effort, and although she lost her ice ram sometime before 1957, she continued to work as an British Waterways maintenance boat right up until 2000. She even used to work in our region.

As far as drinks after Saturday - I don't know about that yet, we'll have to discuss it.

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on April 28, 2018, 09:25:46 PM
Out of interest, where abouts in London are folk staying? Weighing up my options and if we're thinking of any social drinks or such after Saturday it might be handy.

I have got an airbnb fairly close to the stadium.  Food and drink on the Saturday night will be a necessity for me.  I'm sure there'll be a hundred choices within walking distance. 

As a PSA for all, London also hosts the FA cup final, and the royal wedding that weekend so booking accommodation soon is probably a good idea for people staying on the Saturday.

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Van Helser on April 29, 2018, 07:44:28 AMFood and drink on the Saturday night will be a necessity for me.  I'm sure there'll be a hundred choices within walking distance.
Quite probably, although if there's a plan for several people to do a proper meal, it might be a good idea to book in advance to be sure of enough seats. With hundreds of gamers who'll be staying overnight (and whatever events might be on at the stadium that weekend - the tournament isn't the entire thing), local venues might get packed pretty fast.

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

I'd be up for post-purge pints and/or dinner.

I didn't know it was a Royal Thing and the FA final that weekend - how badly is that going to bugger transport, do we think?
Badly enough that I should be angling for a pre-23:00 train?

MarcoSkoll

I don't imagine transport will be catastrophically buggered over. Wembley Stadium is eleven and a half miles from Olympic Park, and any London-based events for the "Royal Thing" will be fairly spread out (as the actual wedding will be over in Windsor, rather than somewhere like Westminster) and will probably taper off slowly over the afternoon/evening, so we won't be right in the middle of a human stampede.

Still, it is likely to eat up a lot of the cheap accommodation in the area, so it is a valid shout.

GW's =I= articles