Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor at the London GT (19-20 May 2018)

Started by MarcoSkoll, October 18, 2017, 10:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

Judging by the terrain making videos they've been putting on the LGT facebook page, looks like it's all going to be very basic stuff we have to work with. Which is perfectly understandable, but if anyone not flying in like VanHelser & myself is able to bring something to help supplement the terrain supply, it'll be very appreciated.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Cortez

I'll be bringing a couple of boxes worth of sector mechanicus terrain (the Promethium Refinery and Galvanic Magnavent sets), that covers a pretty decent area. I'll also be bringing my old card Necromunda terrain, it's seen better days and isn't ideal for Inquisitor as the bulkheads are a bit short but is better than nothing and can be taken apart for travel. I'll see what other small bits of terrain I can fit in, but most of my other stuff is just too large to bring on the train.

MarcoSkoll

Yeah, I've also been watching those and while it is indeed entirely understandable (they have got several hundred tables to fill with terrain!), it does fall rather short of what was originally described to me.

However, I have been anticipating the possibility, and it's part of why my modelling log of late has been filled with me rebuilding those old Paul Rudge terrain articles.
(The other part is because I'm hoping that appealing to people's nostalgia is going to help us stand out in the middle of such a large event. It seems a lot of people do still remember that battle report and its table...)

Along with the other stuff I've been working on, I think we're going to be okay on mass terrain coverage even if everything the LGT provides proves completely useless, but anything else people can bring along will definitely be very much appreciated. I certainly wouldn't say no to a sprinkling of scatter terrain, as I didn't manage to get as much of that completed as I would like.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

metaphiston

Looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday. It will be my first game of Inquisitor for many years (and first tournament of any game), but rest assured I will be swotting up on the rules in the meantime so it's all fresh in my mind.

I am afraid I don't have any terrain or NPCs to bring, just my warband.

mcjomar

If I could finish climbing my painting mountain I could provide a number of NPCs. Alas, I cannot. Yet. Given time, though...
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Van Helser

Sorry for the delay in getting round to photographing models.  It's been a long time since any of them were out of the loft and a lot of repair work was needed unfortunately.

Big group shot of what I plan to bring along (baggage allowance dependent!):

Amongst all that are some critters and some potential PCs for me over the weekend, including the return of "Alias Strang":

An Alpha Legionnaire as big shiny models attract attention (and someone might let me game with him if I'm very convincing):

As for NPCs, here are cultists and a daemonhost:

...and a bunch of civilian-ish types, with a preacher and techpriest:

I've also got some scatter terrain, including brains in jars:

It just about all fits in a GW carry case, with some of the terrain in a box with my dice and tape measure. 

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

That looks absolutely excellent. Because of the questions over terrain, I've been struggling for the time to work on NPCs, and although I could have managed with what I have, having some extra stuff will really add flavour.
If you have a complete crisis over baggage allowance when you put it on the scale, PM me, and I'll try to prioritise what's most important. (I won't do it here - or unless necessary - to try and minimise any spoilers).

As for me, I think I've just finished the scenarios for the Saturday. Although it's been quite a bit of work, I've actually had a heck of a lot of fun writing some of them.

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

I'm just wondering, with all these extra models potentially kicking around, do we want to have a model display of some sort alongside the leaflets (and a large "do not touch" sign next to the models)?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

We've done it at other events, but it will depend on exactly how things are laid out on the day.

As far as leaflets though, I've realised that I have very few left. I think Rob had something of a field day handing them out at Mother of Mercy and we never got the file updated to justify running off any more.
It might be that we have to ask that the last couple are kept back for people to read there.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Better late than never, a version of the briefing pack that actually contains some campaign rules:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3g83s99l234k6tf/London_GT_Inquisitor_Briefing_pack.pdf

Don't worry if you've not got it printed out, I will have available copies on the day.

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

Got it and printed. I'll try to remember to put it in my copy of the rulebook along with my character sheets.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

mcjomar

I'm here and in the queue. Let's go folks!

Cortez

mcjomar

I was not far from where you were standing. But I think you have had a haircut so I wasn't sure or I'd have waved.

Here's an album of pictures from the day.

http://imgur.com/gallery/1pn62wh

I'll use a few of these for my in character recollections later.

Cortez

WelI I had a lot of fun. Isabella had a mixed affair, alternating between being quite spectacular and getting her head ripped off by a power fist or something similar. Daniel might have set a new record by dying (or critically injured at least) in every game (So much for power armour). I think he may need to be retired now as I think he may have exhausted all his dark pacts this time.

Day was a bit exhausting though. I'm not sure I'd do a day trip to london again. I think I prefer our normal events at Warhammer World.