Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

2018 Conclave Events

Started by MarcoSkoll, November 30, 2017, 04:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

2017 has been a pretty strong year for events, with "The Mahlau Affair", "New Dawn", "The Wastes" and "Mother of Mercy" - the first time I think I've been to four Conclave events in one year.

However, I'm assuming we're not likely to have any short-notice events in December, so I've unpinned the 2017 Events thread and we can start planning for 2018.

~~~~~

Calendar

May

Saturday 19th - Sunday 20th:
London Grand Tournament
"Legacy" narrative day on Saturday, "Open Event" (based on the IGT format) on Sunday.
https://www.lgtpresents.co.uk/inquisitor

August

Saturday 11th
Guardian
The Inquisition must unravel their own lies in order to rediscover a secret that protected the sector in ages past.
Play-test event for Inquisitor Revised Edition.
(Scale currently 28mm, but open to expanding to both scales)

September

TBC (definitely a Saturday, likely the 29th)
Abyss
Open 28mm narrative event, set around the trial of a Radical Inquisitor.

~~~~~

I'd also like to propose the following dates - 27th January, 24th February, 28th July, 27th October (all Saturdays) - for another attempt at running something at my local club in Hemel Hempstead. (Possibly, depending on mood, maybe another playtest day for the Revised Edition).

If anyone else has any proposed days or dates, please feel free to post below!
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

28th July is completely out, for me, as is the 24th of february.
I can't think of anything 27th october (just under a years time).
Not sure if January would work out - I don't know what my plans are yet.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Cortez

I'm not sure how much free time I'll have next year as I'm getting hitched in August.

Could maybe make something in January or February.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on November 30, 2017, 04:54:33 PM
2017 has been a pretty strong year for events, with "The Mahlau Affair",

i've gotta write the sequel; got the plot sorted, just gotta do the actual scenarios!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

mcjomar

Quote from: Cortez on November 30, 2017, 09:43:38 PM
I'm not sure how much free time I'll have next year as I'm getting hitched in August.

Congrats!

I'm doing the same on the 29th of July, thus why I can't do the 28th at all.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Cortez

Quote from: mcjomar on December 01, 2017, 08:07:07 AM
Quote from: Cortez on November 30, 2017, 09:43:38 PM

Congrats!

I'm doing the same on the 29th of July, thus why I can't do the 28th at all.

Also Congrats!

Yeah I don't think going to a Wargaming event the day before is going to go down well :D.

TheNephew

I think I can probably do any of those dates bar January, Marco.

Do you know which LGT day has fewer sign-ups?
I can only do one day, and I'm leaning towards Saturday, but if we're in need of numbers I can make it Sunday.

MarcoSkoll

At the moment, no, I don't know anything about sales for the LGT. I need to enquire with the organisers on that front (but it will both affect and be affected by my attempts to wrangle the 28mm community).

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Right, seeing as the LGT/Legacy is done and dusted, it's time to kick this thread again.

As far as things I have in mind personally:

- Another Revised Edition play-test event.
- A Dark Sphere event, with a hopeful focus on drawing out 28mm players in the London area. (It may not be exclusively 28mm, but part of the point of it would be to get a clearer idea of whether numbers are good enough to be able to include 28mm should we be invited back to the LGT).

I don't have dates fixed down for any of this yet, but I'd like to go with a more proactive approach rather than procrastinating.

However, is there anyone else out there with ideas they want to run? I don't want to end up lording over things if anyone else wants a go.

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

I'd be perfectly happy to have a reason to realise a few 28mm projects I've had rattling around in my head too.

Would a Dark Sphere 28mm event be using full LRB/LRE, or is Inquisimunda or similar preferred with those folks?

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on May 28, 2018, 08:13:07 PM
- A Dark Sphere event, with a hopeful focus on drawing out 28mm players in the London area. (It may not be exclusively 28mm, but part of the point of it would be to get a clearer idea of whether numbers are good enough to be able to include 28mm should we be invited back to the LGT).
would a followup marine-centric event help?
i've been mulling ideas and fiddling with core NPCs fora 54mm event but a mrine is a marine regardless of scale :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: TheNephew on May 28, 2018, 09:11:59 PMWould a Dark Sphere 28mm event be using full LRB/LRE, or is Inquisimunda or similar preferred with those folks?
The event would be using the Inquisitor LRB.

Although a significant portion of the INQ28 community does play rules based on some version of Necromunda, they're not rules I'm interested enough in to run an event for.

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on May 28, 2018, 10:06:42 PMwould a followup marine-centric event help?
Although I would be interested in another Marine event (the first one worked well), I don't think it would be the right choice for this specifically.

I'd be hoping to get a bearing on many 28mm players can be lured into events in London, so I'd want to run it as a fairly "standard" event to get the best idea.

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

Depending on dates I'd be tempted.
I'd need to actually get my 28mm projects finished though.

MarcoSkoll

I've obviously started trying to kick a 28mm event at Dark Sphere into gear. That event needs to be in London, because part of the point is to get a sense of the size of the 28mm community around London should we be invited to another London GT.

Now, thinking about the Revised Edition playtest event, that would certainly be easier for me if it were in London (given getting to Dark Sphere on time means leaving the house at about 9 o'clock, but getting to Nottingham on time means leaving the house at about 6 o'clock), but that would also put every event run or currently planned this year in London, which feels somewhat selfish.

With that in mind, if I ran the next Revised Edition playtest in Nottingham instead, who would be interested/available?
(This will likely be primarily a 54mm event, but we'll see if any 28mm players are interested).

GW's =I= articles

Genghis

I'm curious about seeing the revised edition in action.  If there was a 28mm option, I'd be tempted to make the journey to Nottingham for it (assuming I'm free).
"We are the night-born, we are the children of the otherworld, we are the wolves from Antumnos"