Author Topic: some WIP  (Read 537 times)

Offline cymrilian

• Initiate
some WIP
« on: January 24, 2018, 05:37:56 AM »
Hi conclavers,
Itís been a while since I have posted anything, and I thought there would be interest in some WIP. Iím still slowly getting back into the hobby but I am really enjoying building and converting minis. Which is why many of these figures are still unpainted :(
And anything painted was not painted by me. I still havenít bought a single pot of paint yet! But my interest in starting to paint again is growing.

anyway, onto the picsÖ.

inquisitor 1 - I think I'll swap the boltgun, it is huge!

inquisitor 2 - i'll add some cabling from his head.

navigator

bloodpact trooper 1

bloodpact trooper 2

bloodpact trooper 3

bloodpact captain

techpriest 1

techpriest 2

imperial assassin

space adventurer

servoskull scavenger

arcoflagellant

space marine veteran

plague marine

noise marine - i'd love to re-position his helmet to be facing with the bolter, but i think the resin is fused by glue

space wolf marine

genestealer cultists - needs some work (and i need to source some hybrid heads and arms)

sister repentia

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:33:28 AM by cymrilian »

Offline realitybytes16

• Inquisitor
Re: some WIP
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 10:08:49 PM »
Some great work here!

Bit of a broad question, but where are the parts from? I see some ][ parts but the rest I haven't a clue ^^'

Nice job man :).

Offline cymrilian

• Initiate
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 10:55:45 AM »
cheers! the parts are from all over the place. eg. the techpriests are hitech, there is a mini from northstar, andrea, a FW ork torso, etc. I posted some of the links in the pinned modelling resources post a while back, if you are interested, or happy to elaborate on specific minis if you want.

Offline TheClassyGamer

• Initiate
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 03:25:02 PM »
A lot of those I recognize, but the Genestealer Cultists, I don't know what those were before.

Also, there is a lot of very creative work in those pictures.  Pretty amazing some of the combinations, that I would have never imagined.

Offline cymrilian

• Initiate
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 06:02:14 PM »
thanks! the genestealer cultist torsos are karmans from at-43 (the teched-up gorillas). their torsos are a perfect size. The legs are cheap china astronauts made out of the crappiest flaky plastic.

Offline mcjomar

• Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Courage and Honour!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 09:05:44 AM »
This is some really good work.
At times my eyes sometimes tricked me into thinking a few bits were 28mm, not sure why.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Offline cymrilian

• Initiate
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 09:35:19 AM »
:) now that you put the thought into my head,  some of the minis do look 28mm. weird...

Offline TheClassyGamer

• Initiate
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 11:41:47 PM »
I dug through my storage and found my karmans, and to my surprise after getting my hands on them, they seem to have a lot of potential.  I would have never given those guys a second glance.  Pretty amazing use of parts there.

Offline cymrilian

• Initiate
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 06:46:49 PM »
thanks. i just love those karmans! i also have their jetbike which is a good size and just needs to be 40k-ified.
http://www.coolminiornot.com/201354

Offline TheClassyGamer

• Initiate
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 07:41:40 PM »
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 07:46:35 PM by TheClassyGamer »

Offline Lord Borak

• Grand Lord Inquisitor
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 12:19:58 AM »
Some great conversions mate!! I've been inactive for a while, to my shame, so I've a bit of catching up to do!

The Blood Pact guys are awesome. I'm pretty sure I've seen Blood Pact guy number 3 some where before? The servo skull catcher is great. I'd love to see him run after my servo skull horde :D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 10:05:39 AM by Lord Borak »

Offline cymrilian

• Initiate
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 11:14:49 PM »
i love all the bloodpact fluff and have always wanted to have a squad of bloodpact. as you can see, i used one of lord borak's cultist heads for trooper 2. the head seems a bit big, but i'm hoping that once the face mask is painted, the head will look the right size.
i got bloodpact trooper 3 from a guy on wargamerau. I can't remember who though.
For the servo skull catcher, i've just now added a third servoskull to his collection. He'd be giddy among a servo skull horde though. How many have you got?