Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

some WIP

Started by cymrilian, January 24, 2018, 05:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cymrilian

Hi conclavers,
It's been a while since I have posted anything, and I thought there would be interest in some WIP. I'm still slowly getting back into the hobby but I am really enjoying building and converting minis. Which is why many of these figures are still unpainted :(
And anything painted was not painted by me. I still haven't bought a single pot of paint yet! But my interest in starting to paint again is growing.

anyway, onto the pics....

inquisitor 1 - I think I'll swap the boltgun, it is huge!

inquisitor 2 - i'll add some cabling from his head.

navigator

bloodpact trooper 1

bloodpact trooper 2

bloodpact trooper 3

bloodpact captain

techpriest 1

techpriest 2

imperial assassin

space adventurer

servoskull scavenger

arcoflagellant

space marine veteran

plague marine

noise marine - i'd love to re-position his helmet to be facing with the bolter, but i think the resin is fused by glue

space wolf marine

genestealer cultists - needs some work (and i need to source some hybrid heads and arms)

sister repentia

realitybytes16

Some great work here!

Bit of a broad question, but where are the parts from? I see some ][ parts but the rest I haven't a clue ^^'

Nice job man :).

cymrilian

cheers! the parts are from all over the place. eg. the techpriests are hitech, there is a mini from northstar, andrea, a FW ork torso, etc. I posted some of the links in the pinned modelling resources post a while back, if you are interested, or happy to elaborate on specific minis if you want.

TheClassyGamer

A lot of those I recognize, but the Genestealer Cultists, I don't know what those were before.

Also, there is a lot of very creative work in those pictures.  Pretty amazing some of the combinations, that I would have never imagined.

cymrilian

thanks! the genestealer cultist torsos are karmans from at-43 (the teched-up gorillas). their torsos are a perfect size. The legs are cheap china astronauts made out of the crappiest flaky plastic.

mcjomar

This is some really good work.
At times my eyes sometimes tricked me into thinking a few bits were 28mm, not sure why.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

cymrilian

:) now that you put the thought into my head,  some of the minis do look 28mm. weird...

TheClassyGamer

I dug through my storage and found my karmans, and to my surprise after getting my hands on them, they seem to have a lot of potential.  I would have never given those guys a second glance.  Pretty amazing use of parts there.

cymrilian

thanks. i just love those karmans! i also have their jetbike which is a good size and just needs to be 40k-ified.
http://www.coolminiornot.com/201354

TheClassyGamer

Lord Borak

Some great conversions mate!! I've been inactive for a while, to my shame, so I've a bit of catching up to do!

The Blood Pact guys are awesome. I'm pretty sure I've seen Blood Pact guy number 3 some where before? The servo skull catcher is great. I'd love to see him run after my servo skull horde :D

cymrilian

i love all the bloodpact fluff and have always wanted to have a squad of bloodpact. as you can see, i used one of lord borak's cultist heads for trooper 2. the head seems a bit big, but i'm hoping that once the face mask is painted, the head will look the right size.
i got bloodpact trooper 3 from a guy on wargamerau. I can't remember who though.
For the servo skull catcher, i've just now added a third servoskull to his collection. He'd be giddy among a servo skull horde though. How many have you got?

cymrilian

here are some more of my WIP (hope the link works)
https://imgur.com/a/FcdnIor

Van Helser

Looks like you've been busy.

In answer to the chaos marine question on its pic:  there are loads of undivided chaos space marines, including the Iron Warriors, Black Legion, Night Lords, Word Bearers and Alpha Legion, not to mention those renegade chapters that have turned traitor since the Heresy.

I think that the first couple of genestealer cultists look a little too stiff and upright.  The later ones, such as the one with Gruss's pistol, look better, and I think even a slight turn of the heads, or lowering of an arm will introduce some dynamism to the models.

I like the bare-chested guy with the greatcoat and bionics.  Wouldn't say he needs a headswap at all.

It may have been asked before, but where does the painted model with the chainsword come from?

maglash1017

Great work! I especially love the chaos marine. The detail on that weapon is amazing! The Space Wolf (is it a Space Wolf? my Space Marine knowledge is very lacking) is great too. I love the glooming expression and pose. As van Helser said, the cultists with the "human" heads look a little stiff. I think if you would sink the head down into the torso it would help a great deal.
Quote from: Van Helser on April 29, 2018, 07:52:03 AM
I like the bare-chested guy with the greatcoat and bionics.  Wouldn't say he needs a headswap at all.
Seconding this.

Also, I have to ask, where are the gunslingers legs from?