Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

MrRien painting log

Started by Mrrien, January 29, 2018, 05:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrrien

Hi there,

As a returning player of Inquisitor I brought some (a lot of ?) miniatures and will post my painting here.

I begun with "Slick Devlan", here a WIP :

Comments are welcome :)

cymrilian

i really like it. it's a lovely palette so far.

mcjomar

I agree.
I like how clean it looks too - an appearance I am finding infinitely more preference for of late. Not sure why.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Mrrien

Thanks guy.
54mm is  real blast for me ! Realy enjoying those "big" miniatures

Here what i paint tonight, Covenant's head :

mcjomar

That's probably my favourite 54mm head these days.
I like the work on the hair, and I especially like the work on the eyes.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Mrrien

Mrrien

This one is really a lot of work... 8h so far and i still have the backpack to paint !

Mrrien

Some reonforcement for Covenant :)

TheNephew

I've been neglecting the P&M forum too long - that's some absolutely great face painting, and wonderfully clean colours across the board.

Very nice non-metallic metals on the mastiff too.

mcjomar

Nice work on the special enforcer model - we seem to have shared the paint-scheme!
I think you've done it better justice though, especially in the area of NMM.
Clean as always, very nice stuff.

Van Helser

Gorgeous blending. 

It is nice to see the original models in their unconverted states.  There really were some great designs, and a huge variety of styles, quite at odds with the 40k models of the time.

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Van Helser on February 20, 2018, 05:45:22 PMand a huge variety of styles, quite at odds with the 40k models of the time.
I've had that conversation a few times - there's a lot of people out there who clearly don't remember that the 28mm range in 2001 was nothing like it is today. (Don't get me wrong though, I do like 28mm Inquisitor, but I think 54mm was the right choice back in 2001).

As far as the lovely work on these models... I don't think there's a lot I can add that hasn't already been said by others!
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Mrrien

Thank to all of you !
Those miniatures are just a blast to paint and the sculpting is really nice. I really need to put my hands on the miniatures i am missing in collection, bit the prices for "rare" miniatures is just insane.

Some models are real surprises for me : the official painting scheme isn't serving well the models and I really want to give them a try.

Lord Borak

I've seen your stuff over on the FB page. It's all great stuff. Especially the sword on that Eldar Ranger!! Any chance of some close ups? :D