Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Another player in the Battle for the Emperor's Soul arrives....

Started by Thinking Stone, March 05, 2018, 05:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thinking Stone

I never did end up getting a chance to actually post something after my Conclave registration was sorted out... many thanks to Khorne's Rage, though!

So, my first post! My interest in =][= has always been there, but has been particularly piqued by things like Shadow War: Armageddon, the new Necromunda, and a friend giving me a copy of the old Inquisitor rulebook he found at an op-shop. I have always admired the system and, for some reason, preferred the Inquisitor approach to that in a lot of similar roleplaying games. Being particularly interested in modelling such difficult things as close combat fighting, Inquisitor's (mostly) manageable levels of detail and realism appeal to me as a basis for exploring such interests. And also the Inquisitor background is both very cool, and very open!

Alas, my foray into actually playing or doing things with Inquisitor has been slowed by a few things, like a lack of fellow gamers and a lack of time, as well as a few personal issues with the rules, like the difficulty in actually sorting them out in one's head, and some counter-intuitive quirks.

The first two problems are, of course, things that the Conclave can't really help me with, but the rules ones are being addressed by MarcoSkoll's excellent Inquisitor Revised Edition efforts, and so I've finally ventured onto the forum to lend my humble observations!

Thinking Stone

Lord Borak

It seems a bit strange to welcome you to the forum seeing as you've been here ages already!! But, hey! Welcome!

Where are you based and what projects have you got underway?

MarcoSkoll

Well, firstly:

WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE!

Quote from: Thinking Stone on March 05, 2018, 05:06:56 AM
I never did end up getting a chance to actually post something after my Conclave registration was sorted out... many thanks to Khorne's Rage, though!
We had a lot of issues on that front in the past - the number of spam sign ups was so staggeringly high, even with supposedly bot resistant filters (although I suspect a lot of spam is just people paid an absolute pittance) that we had to have admin approval and spotting genuine members amongst it all was quite a challenge.

Fortunately, that's resolved now. However the spammers were getting past the filters before, their method seemingly can't handle even the most basic WH40K trivia questions.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles