Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Non model RP

Started by Inquisitor Cerberus, May 12, 2018, 11:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Cerberus

Afternoon all,
Just wondering if any of you have done Inquisitor with out models but solely as a role play?  I am looking at putting a couple of solo games together and building into a campaign. 
Any pointers would be welcome, as I am new to GMing.
Thanks.

TheNephew

I haven't, but from experience Rogue Trader etc. works fine, especially if you strip back the rules a little.
I think part of the problem with the Inquisitor system is that it's built around having reference points to measure from - without that, you may as well use a system intended for theatre of the mind.

Inquisitor Cerberus

Perfect, thanks for getting back to me.  I have started to build the setting and the background, so will see how it goes.

Heroka Vendile

I think for the amount of work you'd have to put in keeping track of and abstracting distances you'd be far better off just using Dark Heresy than struggling to make Inquisitor work model-free. Especially as the non-combat elements of the Inquisitor rules are the vaguest bits.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Inquisitor Cerberus

I get what you are saying, wil have to hope on good story telling by myself and those who play hahaha.  I'm fragged lol
I have come up with a the background and NPC's and a few other bits.  I also have the opening more or less pinned down, so I might just see how that goes and go from there.
I have not seen Dark Heresy, need to track down a copy.

Koval

Quote from: Inquisitor Cerberus on May 15, 2018, 02:56:54 PM
I get what you are saying, wil have to hope on good story telling by myself and those who play hahaha.  I'm fragged lol
I have come up with a the background and NPC's and a few other bits.  I also have the opening more or less pinned down, so I might just see how that goes and go from there.
I have not seen Dark Heresy, need to track down a copy.

Well, on the subject of Dark Heresy, we do have a Skype group on this very forum -- assuming you're part of a group, and depending on how spread-out your group is, maybe you could consider something along those lines?

The rule set's currently out of print as Fantasy Flight didn't renew the license, but I'm sure you could pick up a copy on eBay or Amazon.

Sahaal

Dark Heresy or possibly the new Wrath and Glory, which I am told takes a more D&D approach would be more suited to what you are after by the sounds of it