Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

LGT Convert

Started by Happy_Nurgling, May 25, 2018, 06:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy_Nurgling

Hello Everyone,

Met some of you charming lot at the LGT during a break.

I've always wanted to play Inquistor, and so thought I'd join, to see about converting models and maybe coming to a future event.

MarcoSkoll

Hello and Welcome to The Conclave!

It's always good to hear from people who've run into us at events. To introduce myself, I'm Marco; I was in charge of organising the Inquisitor at the London GT, so I would have been around on either day (long red hair in a ponytail), although who else you met will depend on when you ran into us.

We haven't yet got our next events planned, but I try to send out e-mail newsletters (and notifications from our Facebook page) as things get planned; in the meantime, you are of course entirely free to ask questions about writing and converting characters, so ask away, and hopefully we can induct you fully into the Battle for the Emperor's Soul...
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

Grand news, glad the game showed itself off well.
Marco's attended to the BYWTM, so I'll do the more restrained second round - welcome, always happy to expand the circle.

I'm still picking away at an In Character report on the day's events, but suffice to say it was simultaneously one of the best ][ events I've been to in the last couple of years, and also exactly the same high standard I've come to expect of our Conclave meetups.

Most of what you saw will have been 54mm, but that's not an exclusive thing.
If you are wanting to get into it in The One True Scale though, there's a regularly updated list of places to get some dead nice models from live manufacturers in the (drumroll while I stuff up this linking... Edit: Yep, I'm illiterate, someone please help. Edit2: cracked it.) 54mm models and modelling resources thread here.

Happy_Nurgling

Thank you for the welcomes.  Will check out those links, given GW's increasing ventures into bigger models, I have a surprisingly large amount of 54mm approprite items in my bits box.

I'd like to go for converting at 54mm assuming thats the main scale for the London scene and events.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Happy_Nurgling on May 26, 2018, 01:38:07 PMgiven GW's increasing ventures into bigger models, I have a surprisingly large amount of 54mm approprite items in my bits box.
It's actually true for a lot of 28mm bits - GW's "heroic" styling tends to exaggerate the size of a lot of weapons and gear (partly to make them easier to identify across the table), so a lot of the weapons and gear for my 54mm characters (which tends towards more realistic proportions, because I tend to sculpt them myself) are bodged together from 28mm bits.

QuoteI'd like to go for converting at 54mm assuming thats the main scale for the London scene and events.
Open events in London tend to be predominantly 54mm.

I'm hoping to drag more 28mm players out of the woodwork (I would have liked to have had both scales on display at the LGT, but I really wasn't convinced by the numbers) by trying to set up 28mm at my local club (Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire) and running a trial event at Dark Sphere later in the year, but I'll likely be keeping that all open for 54mm too.

Similarly, open events in Nottingham (not particularly difficult to get to from London) also tend to be 54mm. There are a reasonable number of 28mm games going on up there, but they're generally organised within closed groups.

I wouldn't necessarily let that limit you though. I collect and play both scales - I find 28mm Inquisitor is a wonderful excuse to collect/use models that I couldn't have justified collecting entire armies for (or which may not be part of an army, such as 3rd party models).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

Great to have you onboard.  Glad our presence at the LGT was noticed.  Look forward to seeing some models.

mcjomar

Welcome to the conclave.
I'm interested to see what models and conversions you'll bring to the table, or at least the P&M board.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

realitybytes16

Welcome to the Conclave! Always nice to see the ranks swell :).