Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

A new Conclave member

Started by FierceDefence, May 26, 2018, 01:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDefence

My fellow Inquisitors,

I've had the book the rulebook and a couple of untouched inquisitor models for about 15 years now.

While I've never had the opportunity to actually play the game due to the lack of interest of those around me, I've always looked forward to the day I would finally start.

I always found the lore in the rulebook to be fantastic and much more interesting than the mostly battlefield centric 40k lore found elsewhere.

To me, the greatest peril the Imperium faces is the enemy within. Obviously...

Another important point for me was the emphasis on narration rather than competition.

Model wise, I still had my Inquisitor Covenant and was recently lucky enough to find an oop Inquisitor Scarn and Daemon Huntress.

I'm still waiting to receive the latter and will continue looking for additional suitable models.

FierceDefence

MarcoSkoll

Hello and Welcome to The Conclave!

You don't seem to have any particular questions, so I guess I haven't got anything specific to answer, but if you're on a hunt for more models I'd suggest swinging by the Modelling Resources thread, as we get people regularly posting about new 54mm (or suitably large monsters from smaller scaled games) there.

If you should come up with any questions though, feel free to ask them!
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

Welcome aboard.  Have fun, and please share pics of your models in the Painting & Modelling forum when they are ready.

mcjomar

Quote from: Van Helser on May 27, 2018, 12:55:51 PM
Welcome aboard.  Have fun, and please share pics of your models in the Painting & Modelling forum when they are ready.

Absolutely this. New modelling talent is always good.
Welcome to the conclave!
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

FierceDefence

Hello,

Thank you for the welcome! Regarding the actual Inquisitor range of models, I'm awaiting to receive a few, however I don't intend to convert them as I would feel bad about it considering the rarity of some of them.

But besides that, I do have a few modelling projects planned. I'm currently gathering the necessary parts, so hopefully soon I'll be able to show you some of it.

I've just ordered Luriel Sacred Fist from Andrea Miniatures and will convert him using parts from the classic Arch-Confessor Kyrinov model among others.

I've also ordered an inquisitor book that I will use to convert an Azzrael Helmet bearer to use as familiar.

I've also recently purchased a Saharduin piscean warrior for 28mm scale and now I'm pondering whether or not to try to make one for 54mm. I've seen a very good and characterful base model for conversion, but the problem is that it's in the 75mm scale.

Maybe I'll ask in the appropriate modelling section what you all think of it.

FierceDefence

realitybytes16

Welcome!

Regarding the rarity of the original range, there are some members of the 'Clave who can cast up duplicates of much of the range in resin, so conversion parts could potentially be a little more available to you if get in touch with them - I've picked up some parts from Lord Borak before, although I don't know how active he is on the 'Clave now.

I am however very excited to see what you come up with using the models you mentioned - it's always fun to see creative use of parts from outside the range :).