Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Abyss - 3rd November, 28mm, Dark Sphere Megastore

Started by MarcoSkoll, May 30, 2018, 01:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Dark Sphere have now confirmed that tables will be available on the 29th (although it was a little ambiguous about which store), but I'm opening it up to a vote to decide whether to delay to October to give people more time to prepare.

Feel free to comment here, or vote over there - your choice:

https://www.facebook.com/events/412932725779061/permalink/483787962026870/
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

I'm happy either way, but I'm pro-September 29thso Idon't have to wait as long.
I'd probably be able to swing a weekend in October too, if it goes well enogh (and is well enough attended) that that would be feasible.

mcjomar

I too am pro 29th as my october is mostly booked, except for the second weekend in october, and I've been told by my wife (eee!) that she'd rather I have at least one weekend not fully booked in that month.

"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Cortez

I'm not going to be available for September or October. Unlikely to have any free time before December now, so count me out.

MarcoSkoll

The vote came up in favour of delaying the London 28mm event into October. Please vote again so that we can pick a new date!

I'm discounting the 6th, as this would only add a single week's notice over 29th Sept, and I already have a commitment for the 13th, so I'm also including 3rd November as an option to give people a reasonable choice.

You can pick multiple options, and either tell me here or vote on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/412932725779061/permalink/484242211981445/

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

At this point the november dates are my only option for attendance.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

TheNephew

I'm now booked for 20/10/2018, Malifaux tournament in Landan or Essix or somewhere.

I'm more-heavily-pencilling in 03/11/2018 to make sure that stays free, as the The Tome of Empty (Hollow?) Visages suggests that that is the clear front-runner.

Hopefuly that doesn't get pushed into December too...

Edit: On the upside, this gives me time to actually prep character-appropriate sheets for the gang, rather than just fit some stats to the concepts on the train journey.

mcjomar

one of these days I need to stop painting kill team (currently working on an imperial guard team including kasrkin, tempestus, glory boy, and knock-off kasrkin, as well as normal cadian and other regiment guard) and DnD models, and get to work on sculpting 28mm Jack.

MarcoSkoll

I think I've finally got a viable date, but I need a show of hands so I know the rough numbers I should be expecting.

~~~~~
These are the details as they are currently planned:

- Abyss - a narrative 28mm scale Inquisitor event, set around the trial of a Radical Inquisitor.
- Saturday 3rd November, 1100-1800
- Dark Sphere Megastore, Shepherd's Bush, London, W12 8PP
- Inquisitor Living Rulebook (with a few standard community tweaks)
- Three rounds of gaming over the day.
- Ticketed event to cover table hire (and keep the turn-out manageable). Price likely £5.

"Warbands" do not have to be Inquisition-themed - many factions and individuals will have an interest in influencing the outcome. Players will have a choice between four broad philosophies:
Adherents: Those who consider the law above all (e.g. Monodominants, Arbites)
Renegades: Those who consider themselves above the law (e.g. Xanthites, Adeptus Mechanicus)
Moderates: Those who believe that the law is important, but nonetheless malleable (e.g. more pragmatic Inquisitors)
Anarchists: Those who would destabilise the law entirely (e.g. Heretics, Traitors, Xenos)

You can give a response in this thread, or vote on Facebook here

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

I think I voted on  Facebook, but as I don't really engage over there, I'll confirm attendance here too.

I'm bringing a Navigator(? maybe?), two attendants, and two space cops.

I'm thinking he's from a Rogue Trader ship the Inquisitor inquestion used frequently, impounded in orbit until the show is over. As such, the Trader wants the Inquisitor to be found innocent so their reputation doesn't get tarnished, but mainly he wants the trial over so they can get back to business. The Trader is waiting at the leisure of the Inquisition for his time on the stand, so his crew has been divided and sent forth to have a look around.

As such, probably Moderates, though if things are looking bad for the radical, a bit Renegade/Anarchist if they can get away with it.

I'll stick some stuff up soon - I'll likely need a bit of advice building the Nav (and actually using the psychic powers for once).

mcjomar

so 3rd I'll very likely be able to attend.
Mordecai will be my first pick unless I can get time to complete Jack.
So Adherents are most likely, but if I complete Jack then instead expect Moderates (if Illuminati Recongregators who lean toward more moderate or puritan attitudes than others within their faction can be accused of being moderate...)

MarcoSkoll

The booking is now confirmed, so I've updated the first post with details. Tickets/event pack should be available soon.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Howdy all - as I've been writing the player pack, it's come to my attention that the Dark Sphere Megastore has longer opening hours than the Waterloo store. This could allow the schedule to be slightly extended to make the day a bit less hectic, with slightly more relaxed games and extra time for lunch.

However, I know that moving the time later may cause issues for people with long train journeys. As such, if you're planning on attending (or are likely to attend), what is your latest practical end time?

Currently, I'm looking at 6:00, 6:30, 7:00 or 7:30 as (rough) end times, but don't forget you will need a reasonable margin of time to get to the station - don't vote for 7:30 if your last train is at 7:41!

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

My last train is good and late, so I'm happy with a later finish.
I'll probably eat somewhere local too, if we finish at a suitable time.

Sticklefront

Hi!

I've just signed up to the Conclave; I usually follow the Inq28 facebook page and that's essentially where I heard about the Abyss event. If you've no objections, I'll be joining you for the day!

I have a few odds-and-ends that i've converted for fun, but I've been motivated to make a completely new "warband" for this event.

Now I've just got to, ya know, learn the rules an' whatnot...  :o