Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Guardian (IRE playtest day) - 11th August @ WHW

Started by MarcoSkoll, June 01, 2018, 05:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

Okay, I'm now unable to come to this, as the next day I've got driving to do for the honeymoon.
I should still be able to make the 29th though.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

For anyone who is coming, a notification of a minor update to the IRE rules (you might have already seen it, but I decided to share it here to help remind people).

There's just a couple of minor tweaks from the version from a couple of weeks ago, but it also includes the rather useful crib sheet for detailing the differences from the main rules:
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2387.msg39167#msg39167
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Genghis

I had a great time on Sat, thank-you MarkoSkoll for putting it all together.  This is now woven into Andrei the space mobster's story - he'll tell anyone who'll listen how he single-handedly killed an inter-dimensional space daemon with a single shot to the head (conveniently glossing over all the other shots put into it by everyone else present).
"We are the night-born, we are the children of the otherworld, we are the wolves from Antumnos"

MarcoSkoll

I had a rather unpleasant trip back (cancelled trains, getting sent to catch other trains I wasn't actually allowed to, then the train I could actually take getting held up because the replacement train crew were late), but the event went well from my perspective. It didn't turn up any major rules hiccups, although there were a few things I made note of (although you might not have noticed all of them, as I managed to handle some of them on the fly). Mostly it just demonstrated I should sort out a better quick reference sheet...

We managed to get some fair use out of the Paraelix terrain (but I do still need to sort out more doors for it!). Although the plasma generator did try fairly hard, it didn't quite manage to run its batteries flat by the end of the day.

I'll probably expand this at some point*, but so that the events of the day are properly bookended, the epilogue:
*I want to sort out a wiki for the Abraxis project, but I'm also wondering whether it should just be an extension to the Carthax Wiki to keep it alongside all the existing gameplay/rules articles on there.

~~~~~

The Guardian proved to be utterly arcane machinery. Although based on similar technologies to the Gellar Field, magnifying those effects to affect a warp storm required the use of sorcerous techniques, and so, many millennia ago, Inquisitor Orestes struck the machine from the Inquisition archives - not out of fear of the machine itself, but out of what the close-minded might do to it if they became aware of its method.

His fears were not unjustified. The only Inquisitor present chose to do just that - or at least, he would have, had the Winterholme sextuplets, champions of Slaanesh, not beaten him to it.
The efforts of Virag Kondas ("The Stormhunter") and Andrei Sweeney (a heavily overwhelmed gangster, deceived into his part in the matter by an undercover Inquisitor) proved in vein, even with the assistance of Helena Van Brasing, the latest in the line of the Van Brasing daemon-hunters - and first cousin, one-hundred-and-seven-times-removed, to the Winterholmes themselves.

Although the Guardian may be repairable with time, as many records and blueprints were uncovered in the investigation to find the machine, it has, for now, not been fired.
As such, warp travel into and throughout the Abraxis sector will be even more wildly perilous than normal for many months, if not years or decades. The veil of reality will be stretched thin - ruptures and incursions into real space are likely to become more commonplace for a long time.

Whether or not Inquisitor Krohnweil is willing to openly shoulder the responsibility for this outcome remains to be seen.

~~~~~

There's been a lot of game reports posted on the Ammobunker thread, starting part way down page 4 - both Euan and Richard have extended their thanks and appreciation for your involvement, Genghis:

http://s3.zetaboards.com/The_Ammobunker/topic/9062054/4/
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

Glad to hear that it went well, and that the rules run smoothly.

Also great to add a few off-Conclave folks to the mix and get the 28mm community visibly active. The terrain looks cool at 28mm - more towering and monolithic.

Sounds like a good event all round (minus travel saga), nice one Marco.