Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Returning to the 'Clave

Started by Shard0808, June 01, 2018, 09:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shard0808

Evening all,

Dipped my foot in a couple of years back, made a few 54mm minis, wrote some back stories, attended an event at Notts, enjoyed it and then.. Life happened. Quite suddenly in fact, in the form of a beautiful little girl. So now I'm a dad, and years later I'm itching to get back into inquisitor.

Just a quick perusal around the forum and I'm glad to see the same names that aided me last time around are still here keeping the dream alive. I've still got my 54mm warband - Inquisitor Helena Shal'tan, her trusted agent Marcus Veer, the blind psyker Rosa and Sister Hospitaller Elvana Dawn. They're in pieces mind, but salvageable! Please be salvageable...😢

Is 54mm still the preferred option? Or has 28mm taken the top spot? There are some amazing new minis out there, 28mm in particular, which I've got my eye on.

Also, any events planned towards the end of the year?

Glad to be back,

Tom
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Van Helser

Welcome (Back) To The Conclave

Still a 54mm crowd on here largely, with a small smattering of 28mm.  Plans for more events are underway in a couple of other threads in the Community News and Announcements forum.

Hope the superglue comes to the rescue for your models.

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Shard0808 on June 01, 2018, 09:03:32 PMyears later I'm itching to get back into inquisitor.
I think there's a cream for that.

QuoteIs 54mm still the preferred option? Or has 28mm taken the top spot? There are some amazing new minis out there, 28mm in particular, which I've got my eye on.
In terms of raw numbers, there are a lot more 28mm players out there than 54mm, but a lot of them play mostly within in their own groups (or play other rulesets, like Inquisimunda or Newcromunda) with very few open events.

Most Conclave events are still 54mm, although I am trying to get a 28mm event going in London for September (The date has yet to be picked), and most of the responses I've had to my proposal of a playtest day for my Revised Edition project (possibly around August) have been from 28mm players.

Personally, I just like to collect both. Although I think 54mm is more iconic of the game (to a passer-by at a venue, a table with a few 54mm miniatures and some oversized vehicles is clearly Inquisitor, a table with a few 28mm models could be many things), 28mm is an excellent excuse to collect models I couldn't justify an entire army for.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles