Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Familiar modeling and some other projects

Started by FierceDefence, June 05, 2018, 01:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDefence

My fellow Inquisitors,

I was pleased to receive today the inquisitor scale book bit I found on ebay. I thought it would serve well to create a familiar for my Scarn type Inquisitor.

I already began butchering Azrael's Helmet Bearer to accommodate the book.

You can see roughly what it would look like bellow. I'll later green stuff the robe where needed. The book's front cover is not terribly well casted and I will probably have to do something about it.

But otherwise, I'm quite amused by the mimicry. For now it seems, the familiar will be known for his function as bearer of Lord Inquisitor Nestor Xavier Varus Raul's fabled Black Book. It is said to be an essential item of Inquisitor Raul, no doubt containing within its deceptively modest size the identities of his agents, privileged contacts, ancient hallowed and cursed lore or perhaps, as it has been rumoured, it is merely a comprehensive repository of contact details of his, hmm, friends with consequences...

Regardless, it may at times serve as a MacGuffin for other characters.

Besides the Covenant and Daemon Huntress models that I'm putting together, I'm still looking forward to receive and convert the Luriel Sacred Fist model from Andrea Miniatures. You can see bellow a visualisation of the first couple of basic things I will do to bring him into the 41st Millenium.

On the other hand, I had no idea such a thing existed, but I managed to snatch up last night for a very affordable price, an inquisitor "starter pack" that includes Tyrus and Barbaretta/Dog, as well as some complementary dices and the rulebook in French (I read French so that's not wasted on me).

FierceDefence

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: FierceDefence on June 05, 2018, 01:28:14 AMI had no idea such a thing existed, but I managed to snatch up last night for a very affordable price, an inquisitor "starter pack" that includes Tyrus and Barbaretta/Dog, as well as some complementary dices and the rulebook in French
Yeah, they were some of the absolute first releases for Inquisitor, containing some of the characters before they were released individually.

They weren't exactly a hot deal (at £45 for the book and two characters, it equated to £2 off and some free dice), but they weren't a bad way to start the game (particularly if, like me, you didn't already have any D10s). I originally bought the Tyrus/Barbaretta one myself, although I managed to lose Tyrus by leaving him in a school locker at the end of the year, so he probably ended up cleared into a bin bag somewhere.

~~~~~

As far as the familiar, I'd probably recommend putting him on a separate base, or magnetising/pinning him in a way that would let him be swapped onto one. In games (if your luck with finding other players should improve), it's not that uncommon that you'll want the two to be able to move separately - it might not be a concern in normal WH40k, but the freedom of the Inquisitor rules often means that you'll want that flexibility.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

FierceDefence

I see. That's quite interesting. I got the starter pack for 50 euros of ebay plus shipping from Germany, so I think that it's quite a good deal for today.

Oh yes, absolutely. The familiar will be on a separate base. Those pictures were mainly to show the size difference and similarity of the models in a more scenic manner. Thank you for the advice.