Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Slaanesh cult leader WIP

Started by FierceDefence, June 23, 2018, 12:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDefence

So, I decided to shorten the hammer's handle on Joseph, to remove the part of the handle that didn't look right with the new axe head, but also because it made the axe handle look disproportionately too long for the model. Now it looks just about right. I have mostly finished removing the imperial iconography from the model. I still need to remove or replace the branding on his forehead, but the next step should be to add heretical iconography, but I'm still waiting to receive the parts I ordered for that purpose. I removed the Aquila from his belt buckle and should probably engrave Slaaneshi symbol there.

FierceDefence

And that's with the Malicant model for comparison.

FierceDefence

Hello,

So to complement my merry band of daemon worshippers, I've purchased a classic Warhammer Doombull model with the two axes, the one with the fabulous unicorn pauldron to serve potentially as a buff mutated servent of Slaanesh. To be honest, it was one of those models that for some reason, I was always interested in purchasing if I ever found an excuse for it, since I never collected Beastmen. The later edition Doombull with the two-handed axe is also fantastic and looks less derp.

I'm also currently bidding on a fairly incomplete Delphan Gruss model as an ally of my Cult of Slaanesh. All the mechadendrites are missing, as well as the tabbard and other bits. Although, I'm very interested in locating a tabbard because I find that part brings more character to the model, especially the syringe on the chain. So if anyone can assist me with that, it would be much appreciated! If I don't manage to win the auction, I'll find another down the line. Possibly a complete model, even though I sometimes purposely acquire incomplete models so that I feel less bad about converting them, especially if they are rare.

But in any case, I've already purchased suitable parts to serve as replacement for the back pack. I've purchased a Lucius The Eternal pack, a Fabius Bile pack and a Noise Marine pack with the speakers.

My original idea was to give prevalance to speakers, by for example using this Emperor's Children Chaos Lord's pack.

Or even the a bit too large Chaos Space Marines' Rhino loudspeaker.

But it might end up being more in line with bio manipulation and lot of stimulants, combat drugs and such.

The right arm with the stubber is likely to stay as is, but I might have the injector of Fabius Bile hanging on his hip as an additional item.

The left arm with the "Breacher" however will be definitely be converted. I've already got a likely donor, which comes from the old Mad Dok Grotsnik model that I had laying around. His claw has an interesting syringe implement, which should work out nicely.

I also purchased Malicant's sidearm that I didn't have, so that I can give it to my converted Malicant and give the other holstered laspistol I had of unknown origin to the Preacher Joseph model I'm converting.

And finally, I added a Krieger "Krash" Thrax model to my collection. I think it's mostly complete, maybe there is something missing from one of his feet. I'll see when I receive it, but I doubt that Krieger will be part of the Slaanesh Cult. More likely to end up in the retinue of one of my inquisitors.

FierceDefence

Hello,
This is a work in progress of an inquisitor I just started converting based on an Andrea Miniatures model. The claw is off the classic Dark Eldar Archon and the other from a Chaos Space Marines Terminator axe that was cut down to accommodate the Mace of Valaan from Redemptor Kyrinov. The pack is from a Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer. Fortunately, all bits I already had.

I will add a rosarius on the collar as shown here.

FierceDefence

Hello,

So, after receiving my incomplete Delphan Gruss, I started working on several few things.

I'm mostly done now replacing the Breacher with a power claw and injector sourced from Mad Dok Grotsnik.

The end result is a somewhat large contraption in relation to his own body, but that is if one does not take into account his cybernetic and flesh enhancement that defy the strength limits of the average men.

I extended the tubing leading to the injector to come from Delphan's arm to make it as though the source of what is injected into his subjects (unwilling victims) either passes through his own body via tubing taking its source from the pack on his back that I plan on converting for him. Or perhaps, there is the possibility that this foul heretek may even be injecting those unfortunate to come too close directly with a mixture of bodily fluids and the cocktail of agents running through his own artificial circulatory system.

I think I will keep the right arm with the stubber as is, but otherwise I could have the stubber replaced by Mad Dok Grotsnik's range weapon that also have some sort of injector part to it, although I have to fix the miscast of it. It's also slightly oversized, but could counterbalanced the left arm's impressive size. Alternatively, I could use the combi-Melta of an Iron Warrior Warsmith with a few modifications. In that case, I would definitely have the cable extending from the pistol grip to run into the sleeve.

I worked on the belt buckle with the Adeptus Mechanicus emblem by carefully reworking the edges from the skull into 8 points to resemble the emblem of the Dark Mechanicum.

Unfortunately, it's quite hard to tell with lighting if the results are good enough, but this should come out during the painting. Worst case scenario, I replace the belt buckle by another Slaanesh emblem from a Chaos Lord of Slaanesh.

Also, not sure if I will keep the Vox-caster as is or the skull on his chest. Meanwhile, I'm also in the process of removing the lettering on his robe.

I'm still waiting on my Lucius the Eternal pack, but will come soon. Same with the Fabius Bile parts. Although, I do already have a noise marine and Iron Warrior Warsmith pack with servo-arm.

FierceDefence

Hey,

So, here's a couple pictures where you can see better what's been done to the belt buckle to turn it into a Dark Mechanicum emblem. Moreover, you can also see what a Slaanesh emblem would look like in place of the skull on Delphan's chest to mark his potential allegiance to Slaanesh... or its followers anyways.

In that case, the combo would make sense like I said as you would have a Heretek featuring the emblem of his general "organisation" and one that marks his specific ties, if any. Looks dope, though maybe there's something better I could do, but this seems to work just fine.

FierceDefence

Hey,

After receiving the Doombull, it occurred to me that along with the Chaos Lord of Slaanesh Daemonic steed, these two would make for interesting Chimera creations of my Heretek. Probably commissioned by the cult in their case.

Alas, after years of faithful service, the hand drill finally gave up after a couple weeks of eager pinning, notwithstanding all the broken bits loss in the process.

FierceDefence

This Inquisitor is coming along fine. The first part of green stuffing is done. Still need to wait for it to cure before continuing with the additional necessary work.

FierceDefence

So here is some progress with the Slaaneshi Heretek. The pack is a composite made from the pack of Lucius the Eternal, which provides three substance filled cylinders and a stretched skin bearing the Mark of Slaanesh, and the other parts are from Fabius Bible's Chirugeon pack. I might replace the stubber for the Xyclos Needler from Fabius Bile to reinforce the model's character, but it does feel a little tad too small in relation to the monstrous power claw he has.

FierceDefence

Following suggestions, I've repositioned the arm itself. It does look better.

MarcoSkoll

Sorry - I have been following this, although it's only really just occurred to me that I think I've only been commenting on Facebook.

So, for the sake of a not completely one-sided thread: Good work!

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

FierceDefence

Hehe, thank you. Yes, there is not a lot of engagement on the Conclave anymore. But there are quite a few guests, so they can still have a look.

FierceDefence

Besides working on fitting my Cult of Slaanesh models on the Micro Art Studios bases, I've started converting the WHB Daemonic steed of Slaanesh that will serve as their companion. There used to be a rider on top of it, so to fill the missing space, I began installing some blades. Aligning them was not easy. I'll eventually work on integrating them with the saddle. The end product will be a nasty murder noodle.

FierceDefence

I made progress on the model's new bladed collar by using the pauldrons of an old Dark Elves Cold One rider laying around that I had already hacked for the miniature dragon he was holding for another project. I think with some Green stuffing etc, it will look acceptable.

FierceDefence

I have added a few details on the on the Slaanesh daemon to bring the different elements of the collar together.

I have also added a couple of details on the the pack of my heretek, which could see further improvement.

So, after all that, I think I'm pretty much done with the modelling and basing of my Slaanesh Cult. These are pictures of the cult members are pictured altogether. I might add a couple more members, such as for example a Doombull and a converted Cold One to serve as a Cyberdog analog and yet more models in the future. However, I've currently run out of these 40mm Dark Temple Bases. I still have a 120mm one that will serve as a center piece for a terrain at some point.

I will likely start painting them when my friend finishes renovating his miniature shop. I'm still exploring the paint scheme I could employ. I had purposely waited to finish modeling the members to have the opportunity to think of a scheme that could work well in a unified way across the models in light of their dissimilarities (robes, armour, cybernetics, flesh, etc.). I was wondering if I should try to go for a grimdark look with oil and enamel paints and such or a classic acrylic one on the lighter side, such as in the official paint scheme of the Daemon Prince Syll'Esske as you can see from the pictures attached.