Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

28mm Bits help

Started by SwordlordRoy, November 09, 2018, 11:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwordlordRoy

I'm looking to make a Communal Bits Box for my group as part of a promise to get them into INQ28.

I am aware of a number of sites that sell individual bits, but does anyone know if there's a place to get suitable parts in bulk besides ebay?

MarcoSkoll

... sorry, I'm attempting to respond, but I'm suffering a server error that's not letting me post what I'd intended. (Evidently there's something in the message causing a problem).

It's supposed to be my job to fix, given I'm the admin, but it's late, so I'm going to have to try to figure it out tomorrow.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

I doubt there are many non-eBay sources that will to job lots of bitz, but there are certainly some kits that are particularly popular for kitbashing.

I'm no expert on the matter (I'm an old fashioned type who prefers cutting up metal miniatures to gluing together plastic), but any or all of:

- Basically any Necromunda kit
- AdMech Infantry
- Dark Eldar infantry (although less so these days)
- Genestealer Cults
- Cadian and Scion command squads
- And old Empire stuff (the boxes they're still selling, anyway)

There are other things that are used a lot, but more as specific models rather than to use for bitz for kitbashing.

A few boxes from that list from a GW discounter should certainly start a bitzbox.

EDIT: I have no idea what was wrong with the post I tried to post before, but it refused to post repeatedly until I had to rewrite it rather than copying it. I'll have to look into it.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

I've seen some folks on a few other places suggest messaging people selling stuff on the FB trading pages - if they are dumping a whole army or a big project, ask if they have the leftover bits they'd be willing to part with for a reasonable price.

KaptiDavy

You better start searching "bits" and also "bitz" on ebay (regularly), filtering only the auctions. I've done this in the past and got some very cool heaps (lunchbox sized or even larger). Of course, not every seller wants to make clear photos, but in most cases you can spot whatever you're after.
I also posted some cool bits sites in the resources topic where you can order specific batches instead of individual pieces