Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Salute - 6th April 2019 @ ExCeL

Started by MarcoSkoll, June 08, 2018, 03:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNephew

As before, hard yes for half or a little more of my day, but I need roaming time - strolling around is most of hte fun of Salute for me.

SwordlordRoy

Fear that unless those resources include round-trip airfare and lodging, I probably can't make it. Wish you the Emperor's own luck though!

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: TheNephew on December 29, 2018, 11:30:34 AMAs before, hard yes for half or a little more of my day, but I need roaming time - strolling around is most of hte fun of Salute for me.
I'd hope to break it down into two shifts, or at least work things out so that there's down time.

Numbers are still slightly thin at the moment, but it's looking like there's a chance that RobSkib might be on board, which would be a major coup.

Quote from: SwordlordRoy on December 29, 2018, 09:36:36 PM
Fear that unless those resources include round-trip airfare and lodging, I probably can't make it. Wish you the Emperor's own luck though!
Unfortunately, I can't help much there.

As far as international visitors are concerned, it's looking like Salute could be... interesting... this year; it's less than two weeks after the UK is scheduled to leave the EU, and no-one knows what form that's going to take yet.
It might well be that we'll be in the middle of carnage where loads of EU visitors don't even know if they'll have permission to visit the UK or know what the deal is going to be with getting all of their new miniatures out of the country.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

I've had just about enough positive responses that I've put in an email; I don't know how good a shot we've got, but I figure it's likely to be one of our last possible ones at putting on anything at Salute (given that people generally can't commit as early as the normal deadline, and our numbers are getting thinner year by year anyway).

Hopefully it goes somewhere; we could do with a bit of publicity.

(I will still be looking for more willing players in order to give us a bit more manpower and some extra buffer against problems, so please continue to check/state your availability).

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Well, to keep you all updated, unfortunately we weren't chosen; I'm not sure who was, but they've put out a final list of games and we're not on it (and I actually had no reply e-mail at all - I'll give them the benefit of the doubt about whether they're being rude, but still, not impressed).

Well, I suppose this frees me up to think about other things in that rough time period.

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

Ah well - thanks for trying.

What's our next target - I guess we're too close to out Fracture around February now?

MarcoSkoll

Most of February is now probably too close, but I am content to aim for March; Cortez doesn't yet seem ready to nominate any date for his Isabella event, which was the main thing I was trying to avoid a clash with.

GW's =I= articles