Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

2019 Conclave Events

Started by MarcoSkoll, November 10, 2018, 02:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez

Sundays are a non starter for me I'm afraid.

Anyone have any auggests for a model to use for a female Darmon Prince? Not a great fan of the Andrea miniatures one and the Games Workshop Daemon Prince is a bit masculine for what I want. How does the altetnative nekima for malifaux compare scale wise?

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Cortez on November 17, 2018, 07:20:55 PMWell I've got an idea in my head for a follow on campaign from the events of the LGT, namely Isabella handling such vast amounts of warp energy and the consequences of that event.
Certainly an interesting possibility.
I may well be approaching the main follow up to Legacy at some point (with the consequences of the Carthax sector deciding to go to war), but there's a lot of hooks off that entire event.

QuoteI was going to try and organise a day at Warhammer World for it but we can try Element Games if people think they'll be make it there.
Despite Element Games being nearly 50 miles further from me, I can actually make it to Davenport station four minutes quicker than Nottingham station, and only about £8 more expensively if I pre-book the right tickets.

Rather than taking slow trains and having to detour one way or another, I can get on the express between London Euston and Manchester Piccadilly.

It's part of the reason I looked at it as a venue - as a transport hub, Manchester is way more connected than Nottingham.
(Other reasons are things like a few lapsed members in the vicinity that we might possibly tempt - Necris, for example, still seems to be provisionally interested in Inquisitor, but mostly says that venues like London are too far for him).

QuoteI could try and organise an event for March or April. Or is that too early?
Definitely not too early in my book. We got off to a slow start this year (2018) by not having anything before the LGT in May, so if it were later than March/April, I'd actually consider looking at whether something should be run before it.

Quote from: mcjomar on November 17, 2018, 08:06:18 PMAny chance we could haul a sunday, rather than a saturday? Sundays are becoming the easier option for me.
Sundays are really impractical from the perspective of train journeys. As all the trains start later, I could only make it to Davenport before eleven o'clock if I travelled up on the Saturday and stayed overnight.

~~~~~

Quote from: Cortez on November 17, 2018, 08:46:26 PMHow does the altetnative nekima for malifaux compare scale wise?
Judging from this, and my recollection that standard humans in Malifaux use 30mm bases, I think that if you account for her lean, she's about 50mm to the scalp:
http://i.imgur.com/bMh3u44.jpg

As such, probably a little small, although possibly she could have her legs lengthened and be placed on a dramatic base to stop her being too scrawny.

A quick Google search turns up a few 75mm models and the like, but I can't immediately find suitable models in the 54mm region.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

I'd be up for a Q1 event, but attendance for any event is based far more on how long it takes to get there than it is on when in the year it happens.
Element sounds doable, and I've heard a lot good about it from the Malifaux and Guild Ball scenes, so I wouldn't mind an excuse to visit.

I could do Sundays in London, the centre of the universe, but travel further afield on Sunday service is at best quite inconvenient.

Cortez - as Marco said, Nekima's a little too short for a 54mm daemon princess - she'd pass as roughly normal human height, but hardly imposing.

Cortez

Looks like I might have to use Andrea's Nalach Evil Shadow model then. Not a fan of the head design or the bare boobs though.

So how many people would be able to make it to a campaign day at Element Games and what weekends are people free from let's say the end of February to early April? I'll speak to Element Fames this week and see what we have to do to book tables find out availability etc.

mcjomar

Pencil me in as a hard maybe.
It's wife dependent.
But I'd definitely want to be there, and would obviously be bringing Inquisitor Morannon and her entourage to such an event to maintain continuity.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

The London Grand Tournament has now officially revealed its venue and dates via Facebook, so I can share those with you:

Lee Valley Athletics Centre, Friday 13th to Sunday 15th of September 2019.

As the date has moved a lot later in the year, my expectation is that this will be an "autumn event", with plenty of time for other meets before then.
The venue seems to address a lot of the concerns previously addressed:
- Plenty of free parking
- A considerably more open space (rather than just about every space being a corner that people have to be jammed into)
- Less restrictive catering
- Security on a roaming basis rather than everything having to be checked as it goes through the doors.

I don't yet know about other arrangements, but this seems like a positive improvement over previous issues.

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

As previously, friday is out, saturday is negotiable, sunday is best.
Location in north london isn't wild for trains as near as I can tell, and I know for my part driving wise I'd have to circle the M25 a bit, probably.
Assuming trains are okay though (there are two vaguely plausible stations within possible walking distance of the venue based on maps), and we get a reasonable start time (10am is usually good), then it might be a doable thing?

"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

Trains I suspect will partially depend on how many people choose to drive.

There are, as you say, two stations sort of nearby, but Ponders End is a reasonably small station with only half-hourly service, and Edmonton Green is a bit more of a trek unless you can get the bus.
Lots of people trying to all arrive by public transport simultaneously could result in pretty packed trains/buses, but assuming that not everyone is trying to get to the exact same station last minute, I think things will probably be okay-ish.

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

A short hike isn't too bad given either A) other people to follow or talk to and/or b) plenty of time to make the walk for the event.

Cortez

Well that sounds better than the Olympic Stadium. It would probably mean driving and staying overnight on both the friday and saturday nights though as doing a day trip sounds questionable to that location. Which means permission from the wife might be hard to obtain. It's also a bit close to our anniversary which might not be popular either. We'll have to see a lot will depend on the price.

MarcoSkoll

In order to keep the discussion going, I'm pulling this out of my ideas folder:

~~~~~

Fracture

"Do not make the mistake of understanding the warp. Time and distance flow like water there. Seconds turn into years, years turn into hours, hours turn into centimetres, and centimetres turn into dust. It's a realm of no fixed rules, and as many or as few dimensions as it likes."
- Inquisitor Lord Davian Finach

It is not particularly unusual for an occasional astropathic message to come through dated slightly ahead. Even without the vagaries of the warp, the Imperium's million worlds seldom agree on a precise date, with delays in communication and the conversions to and from local date formats constantly introducing errors.
Most of the time, these anomalies are of little concern to anyone other than a few adepts who shuffle around muttering under their breath about how to fit it into their filing system.

It is a more serious matter when messages begin appearing many weeks, months or even years ahead.

The approach of the warp storm "Lord Hallen's Grave" has lead to such messages arriving with disturbing frequency within the Abraxis Sector. Many of them are minor messages of little import - dull tithe reports of average harvests or nobles frivolously exchanging love poems of questionable literary value; Others speak of far more serious matters...

~~~~~

This would probably be a 28mm scale event, focusing on temporal disruptions in the Abraxis sector - a situation largely caused by the Inquisition's failure to deflect a warp storm in the earlier "Guardian" event. (Although if interest is insufficient, I can certainly respin it as a 54mm Carthax event).
Throughout the day, players would be receiving cryptic messages that have drifted the wrong way in time, updating the sector's future in response to their actions in the present.

At the moment, I'm thinking that I'd probably run Fracture at the Dark Sphere Megastore; this is considerably more practical for me than Element Games, and Cortez is probably better placed to run any inaugural event up there.
Hopefully turnout can be improved (I certainly had people saying "tell me next time you're running something" when I posted the reports from Abyss), but if not, I think I've sort of proved that I can make things work with even poor turnouts.

(You may note that I've slightly changed the quote in the event brief - the original was a little too ridiculous to use as the tagline for an event).

GW's =I= articles

SwordlordRoy

I will certainly be there in spirit.

Cortez

I can see about coming to this. I should be able to put together a 28mm team from various models I have.

It will depend on when it is though.

TheNephew

Warp temporal fluctuations sounds right up Navigator Octivia's alley, especially now her new standing as star Inquisitorial defender has upped her clout aboard her employer's ship.
Since the boss is a little more on board with her extra-curriculars now, she'll probably be bringing a couple of ship security officers alongside reliable old 008 - 064 is unfortunately still outside Carren's courtroom, digging his way to China through the back of Snipes' skull.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Cortez on November 25, 2018, 08:49:55 AMIt will depend on when it is though.
That largely depends on when you choose to put your Isabella event.

I think events should have at least a couple of months lead time and, at least at their current frequency, shouldn't be too close together.
If your event will be around March, then I'd probably pick May. (I think January is probably too short on lead time, although it's not entirely unthinkable). If it will be in around April, then I'd probably go for February.

If I were making the decision completely independently, I'd probably choose February. Close enough to hold people's interest, far enough away to give them time to prepare.

GW's =I= articles