Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

A great big modular... something?

Started by Heroka Vendile, January 02, 2019, 07:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

So these are the packaging from Xerox toner cartridges for my deign studios' digital press. I have access to 100+ of these from empty cartridge boxes. My initial thought had just been these would make excellent shipping container terrain, but then I trigger that the internal structure was actually useful as well.
Theoretically, I could even make a modular prison complex/crew quarters/micro habs with these. The inners even have bed-like shapes on the left.
Thoughts/suggestions?

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

I'm always sorely disappointed when I have to keep back styrofoam packaging for anything that might need to be sold on, returned or transported in future, because it comes in so many wonderful shapes.

If you've got dozens of them, the smart move does largely seem to be something that reasonably explains their uniform nature. Some kind of dystopian city block would seem a reasonable idea, although it might not just be habitation; I could see them potentially also being home to some kind of gritty market, with weird salesmen hiding away in their individual nooks from the deluge of grey rain.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Charax

Cut the ends off and cut them horizontally and you have the makings of some nice corridors that would make a good basis for some shuttle/zone mortalis/space hulk type setup

Greeble up the outsides and mount them on MDF for shipping containers, like you said

make a line of them end-to-end, hot glue them together and stick 3 on either side for a small transport shuttle (Pringles cans for engines?)

Make a tower of them attached to an MDF base as a basis for some vertical terrain like the old Necromunda towers
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

mcjomar

I like the idea of converted shipping containers used for habitation in a run-down slum. Possibly homes for muties who do the drudge work on the borders of the starport.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Radu Lykan

If the supply is basically never ending then all of the above. I really like the idea of a prison cell block with some of these stacked up, your character needs to speak to one of the prisoners but oh no! There's a prison riot :)