Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Sector Murkosia: First Inquisitorial Warband, Isstvanians

Started by Mars Miniatures, January 11, 2019, 09:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mars Miniatures

Hello Conclave-ians,

My name is Mar and Ive started a Dark Heresy / Inquisitor 28mm blog and will crosspost some stuff here.
From my blog here:  http://murkosia.blogspot.com/2019/01/first-inquisitorial-warband-isstvanians.html

~~~

In this post we have some newly converted and painted miniatures.
I havent yet given stats or names to all of these minis, but I do know that they are an Inquisitor warband from the Isstvanian radical faction.
They believe that the only way for humanity to triumph (or even survive) is to challenge it with tests of constant hardship and warfare.
As such, Isstvanians are always artificially engineering civil strife in strategic locations throughout the Imperium of Man.

That which does not kill you, makes you stronger...

Here is the warband.
In the center is the Inquisitor himself.
As you can see, Ive gone for the clear acrylic bases.
My minis will be fighting in a multitude of different locations and will always fit in.
And yeah, I have yet to paint the Sector Imperialis terrain in the background.

Mars Miniatures

This forum doesnt seem to allow long posts?

Another pic: Our Inquisitor warband usually finds itself at odds with Adeptus Arbites law enforcers.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Mars Miniatures on January 11, 2019, 09:42:44 AMThis forum doesnt seem to allow long posts?
We're having issues at the moment that I've not yet been able to resolve - I'm not that good at back-end server management, so it's slow progress where I'm tip-toeing around trying not to poke anything that would break the site!

QuoteAs you can see, Ive gone for the clear acrylic bases.
My minis will be fighting in a multitude of different locations and will always fit in.
I used to be of the "try to make bases fit in everywhere" mind-set, but a few years ago I started going in the opposite direction; Consistent and distinct basing can be an excellent way to tie together the often disparate members of an Inquisitor's entourage, without restricting the freedom for models to have individual colour palettes that reflect their different backgrounds.

But each to their own, of course! Your work is nonetheless excellent, even if I might have chosen to base it differently!
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Mars Miniatures

Hello, Mr MarcoSkoll.
Initially, I did think to use a "team" themed basing approach!
But then, Ive never used clear basing and wanted to give it a shot. 

I have been reading up on this forum the past few days, since I got the bug to start (re-start) Inquisitor gaming.
I own the core book and the 2002 annual.
Thanks for keeping the lights on in this place.

SwordlordRoy

Hello, nice to see there are other Istavaanians out there. Of course, I am working to tie together a plot that combines my Inquisitor Warband with my 40k and kill team forces into a Severan Dominate (the rebels in Only War)-style subsector rebellion...loyal to the Emperor, but has issues with aspects of the Imperium that can be fanned into war.

Anyway, looking good. Never done clear basing myself, do like themeing and so forth. I am guessing this is 54mm scale?

Mars Miniatures

Mr SwordlordRoy,

This is INQ28.  Mostly from the Kill Team Starter Box: Genestealer cultists and Skitarii, plus bits from my bits boxes.

I was still trying to figure out Isstvanian philosophy, but I think I got the best analogy finally - The Watchmen movie/comic.
Ozymandias is an Isstvanian Inquisitor, and the Comedian was his acolyte with a weak stomach for what needed doing!
So I will be doing alot of conspiracy theory operations that will motivate the cogs of the Imperium to go to war in sectors they might not otherwise have gone to.
And yes!  Like you, I will be combining multiple rules for my warbands: Inquisitor / Dark Heresy / and maybe some modified Kill Team for bigger engagements.
Play whatever I can and see what sticks.

SwordlordRoy

Quote from: Mars Miniatures on January 12, 2019, 12:04:38 AM
I was still trying to figure out Isstvanian philosophy,

Istavaanians are warmongers. That said, there are many different flavors, as many ways as there are to start a war. There's assassins (Danilo Ilić or Gavrilo Princip from the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand if they had intended to start a World War), manipulators (what it sounds like you're going with, and also frankly the easiest to incorporate into Inquisitor), blackmailers, etc.

I know the Inquisitor I'm working on is a manipulator, the sort that goes to fancy parties, whispers ideas into the ears of ambitious generals, encouraging priests to whip up frenzied mobs, so forth. Unfortunately she's developed an outlook that the world is effectively a complex game of Regicide, and everyone (including her own retinue) are just disposable pawns.

TheClassyGamer

Quote from: Mars Miniatures on January 11, 2019, 09:39:07 AM

As you can see, Ive gone for the clear acrylic bases.

I know I'm bumping an old post here, but I got a reason for it!

Seeing as how those figures have been on the clear bases for quite a while now, I'm wondering how they are holding up.   I was curious about to them getting scuffed up and such.  Bought some acrylic bases but they came pretty scuffed looking already.  I kind of got the feeling that game play would just make them worse and more cloudy looking over time.