Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Fracture (27th April, 28mm, Dark Sphere Megastore)

Started by MarcoSkoll, January 21, 2019, 04:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Fracture
A 28mm scale Inquisitor Narrative event at Dark Sphere Megastore
27th April

~~~~~

"Do not make the mistake of understanding the warp. Time and distance flow like water there. Seconds turn into years, years turn into hours, hours turn into centimetres, and centimetres turn into dust. It's a realm of no fixed rules, and as many or as few dimensions as it likes."
- Inquisitor Lord Davian Finach

It is not particularly unusual for an occasional astropathic message to come through dated slightly ahead. Even without the vagaries of the warp, the Imperium's million worlds seldom agree on a precise date, with delays in communication and the conversions to and from local date formats constantly introducing errors. Most of the time, these anomalies are of little concern to anyone other than a few adepts who shuffle around muttering under their breath about how to fit it into their filing system.

It is a more serious matter when messages begin appearing weeks, months or even years ahead.

The approach of the warp storm "Lord Hallen's Grave" has lead to such messages arriving with disturbing frequency within the Abraxis Sector. Many of them are minor messages of little import - dull tithe reports of average harvests or nobles frivolously exchanging love poems of questionable literary value; Others speak of far more serious matters.

Amongst the fragmented futures placed before the Inquisition is that of the world of Rarlen, an ostensibly civilised world that has for a century and a half been governed by Lord Mathys DeMontane.

To some within the upper ranks of the Imperium, DeMontane is a wily politician who has crafted a network of power that has weathered any adversity, and enforced his ruler-ship however necessary; To others, he is an incompetent, paranoid and oversensitive fop holding on to power by hiding behind his connections and the brutal overuse of force.

The Inquisition is no less split. Some would claim that a rulership of a hundred and fifty-two years represents vital stability in a sector otherwise imperilled by the tumults of the Imperium Nihilus.
Others would believe that his selfish manner is a cancerous tumour poisoning the Imperium, and that his replacement would be the first step in the sector's recovery.

This deadlock has for decades been decided by the threat of his powerful allies. Any attempt to move against him is too risky even for the Inquisition - were proof to get out that the Holy Ordos were involved, then it could threaten ties with several powerful merchant fleets, numerous powerful noble families, an Arbites Lord Marshal, Naval Admirals, and even rumours of an Astartes Chapter Master.

However, the winds of the warp carry word of a coming revolution upon Rarlen - with the benefit of foresight and carefully manipulated, these future events could be turned to the advantage of the bold...

~~~~~

Fracture focuses on temporal disruptions in the Abraxis sector - a situation largely caused by the Inquisition's failure to deflect a warp storm in the earlier "Guardian" event.

Players will be taking advantage of these cryptic insights in order to try to weave their way through the political mess that is the world of Rarlen, choosing between factions in a coming revolution, at each stage becoming aware of not just what has happened, but what will happen.

~~~~~

Ticket link

Event pack

(V0.1 - updated 21st January)

- Rules: A slightly houseruled version of the Inquisitor Living Rulebook.
- Format: Likely 3 rounds of narrative gaming. (The schedule may be amended for 4 rounds if it better suits the final plot).
- Venue: Dark Sphere Megastore, Shepherd's Bush. (Not to be confused with the Lambeth/Waterloo store)
- Scale: 28mm
- Pricing: £5 (to cover the costs of hiring table space and printing for the event).
- Date: 27th April
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

Judging by my current calendar, those dates in april are not achievable.
23rd of march is one of my wife's friend's birthday, while the 30th is possibly a date I am required to support my wife for some sort of event. This leaves me only the 16th of march from that list.
Unless I'm lucky, I'm expecting I won't be able to make whatever date is good for the majority.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

TheNephew

Responded on the event poll, but hopefully I can do any of the dates apart from 16/03/2019.

Hoping to have my Ash Wastes trader caravan done by then, now that I've finally nearly got my Guild Ball out of the way.

TallulahBelle

I might be able to do this dates are in flux ATM so go with the group

TheNephew

Any word on potential dates?
I'm struggling to guard my free weekends.

MarcoSkoll

Indeed. I've been struggling with Dark Sphere's contact system, but I'm told that we are now booked for Saturday 27th April. I'll try to have a ticket link online soon.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

The changes are pretty trivial (updating dates and inserting a ticket link), but the event pack has been updated to V1.0

GW's =I= articles

TallulahBelle

I will check my dates again this week and go from there, gives me a deadline for the bike test now.

MarcoSkoll

As a reminder if you want to join us, this event will be in just over two weeks, but tickets will only be available until 23:59 on Sunday 21st April (to give me a few days for final planning).

So far, half the tickets are gone, which is definitely enough to make things pretty interesting on the day, but it'd be great to have a few more.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Further updates: There will be some line closures in London on Saturday 27th April - check this link for full details, but the most significant closures for us are the entirety of the Circle line and the corresponding western end of the Hammersmith & City line, meaning you will not be able to get to Goldhawk Road or Shepherd's Bush Market stations.

All services to the main Shepherd's Bush station (immediately across the road from Dark Sphere in W12 shopping centre) are currently unaffected however.

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

Half the tickets sounds like a good number (assuming the majority actually make it).

My band is taking shape happily - Penitio (and attendants and curious tag-alongs) are reaching the end of their pilgrimmage through the desert, and will arrive dusty and ready to atone for the evil deeds they havewill donedo in the future.
I haven't quite decided if he's dragging a stone tablet engraved with his future sins, or a sled mounded with petitions for forgiveness and letters of apology for misdeeds yet to be committed, but that shouldn't be too hard once decided...

MarcoSkoll

As a near-final reminder, if you want to join us in London next weekend and thus play your part in deciding the fate of the revolution on Rarlen, the cut off for tickets is the end of this Sunday! (In order that I have the week to complete any printing and finalise the story tree for the right number of players).

Ticket link: https://billetto.co.uk/e/fracture-28mm-inquisitor-narrative-open-tickets-335864

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

Edit: Tabbed browsing, replied to wrong thread.

Hopefully tomorrow's going to be a productive day for me - ill-advisedly decided to add another couple of non-combatants to the band at the last moment.

Marco, for the upcoming intrigues, do you have/want indications of which way the participants swing?