Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Hello all!

Started by AlexMortimer, April 08, 2019, 09:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexMortimer

Hi All

Great to find this forum.

I've been a collector for 20years though I have had a 10 year break where I've just been reading the books. Horus heresy mainly!

I love the 40k universe. I'm hoping to get back into inquisitor or something similar.

Unfortunately I'm in Vancouver Canada! So I don't know if there's many people there.

I also own a 3D printing company in Vancouver and I'm interested in coming up with modular terrain (or similar) that we can print in downtime.

Looking forward to hear from everyone here.
Death to unclean

mcjomar

WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE!

Traditional big yellow welcome aside, most of us seem to be UK based. There's the odd few across the pond on the american continent, but that really is it. At least in terms of 54mm gaming.

At the 28mm scale we're sort of dipping our toes in, but much of that scale happens over on the "Ammobunker" (which purportedly John Blanche sometimes peruses, and much of the Blanchitsu models that aren't from John Blanche himself tend to come from there) - you may find more people in your local area in that scale on that forum.

Of course if you think you can handle a little legwork, and could be a good ambassador for Inquisitor, we'd obviously all enjoy hearing what happens in your neck of the woods, if you can set it up - you may find yourself lending out figures and warbands initially if you do this.
If so, then you might find the more classical GM and Players DnD style of Inquisitor gaming works for you and your friends (being mindful that there's no real experience or loot system in Inquisitor - the Ready Reckoner is terrible by community consensus, do not under any circumstances make use of it!) as Inquisitor can lead to some fantastic stories, especially if you let your players get involved with the world building, and writing their own backgrounds and so on.

The usual suggestions for any RPG (or in this case, Narrative-Wargame) hold true, which includes short stories to whet the appetite and get people engaged (and give you time to learn the game as a GM or player), and then longer things as people get more invested. It doesn't even have to be a constant thing, it can be periodic "episodes", or even games that could possibly influence variables in a wider 40k campaign. Imagination and time (and available terrain and models) are your only limits.

As always, I'll be very interested to see what kind of models and designs (and painting) you (and any friends) produce!  ;D
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

AlexMortimer

Thanks for the bright yellow welcome!

I actually posted in the other section about what I was hoping to get out of inquisitor this time around. I'm looking forward to it! I'll be looking to make connections with people who play 40k or other games workshop stuff and see if I can get them excited. Other wise I'll do a test run on a few buddies and see if they can get into it.
I have some images of my covenant and einsenhorn models that I could throw up. Who do people use for image hosting these days? (Not been on a proper forum in years)
Forewarning: I was 16when I painted these and the quality is so so at best :P

I also do gm d&d for my friends so I'm hoping to bring some of those skills to the inquisitor table!
Death to unclean

mcjomar

I've found for image hosting - and you can see plenty of examples over in our Painting and Modelling section of the forums - that imgur is the site of choice.
I tend to use it either from PC or direct from phone for hosting images. When uploading from my phone I can also set whether the image/album will be public or hidden, which is quite handy if I just want to stash images somewhere of a WiP.

"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.