Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

inquisitor toran bekash

Started by theemperorswill, October 15, 2009, 08:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theemperorswill

just finished my 1st 52mm model. . comments?

the emperors will be done

Simeon Blackstar

Good stuff - the final white highlight is a bit bright in the photos, but it probably looks good in person.  I like the symbols on his cloak too.  Let that guy know that he's holding his walking stick - it's a cane sword!  ;)

theemperorswill

thanks man. thought the highlight looked harsh myself. put that right.

Ynek

I dunno. I think that the white highlight makes him look interestingly old. Stark highlights on skin tend to have that effect.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

precinctomega

Please do something with his base!

R.

sergeis64

I second PO here. Although I do not like the base to take away from the fig itself- some flocking might be helpful.
I like the detail and colorfulness. He does look very old with that parchment skin look ( I think he suppose to be very old)- reminds me a bit of Ramses II mummy.

theemperorswill

base to do, obviously. as soon as ive decided on a theme to limk models. ideas away from the usual grass and sand?

MarcoSkoll

I dunno. I'm personally in the habit of leaving my Inquisitor models on bases which are done in a completely neutral manner - characters can be anywhere, so you'll find anything specific will look weirdly out of place at some time or another.

As a personal ideal, I would like to do my bases in clear perspex, but that is dependent on me getting them cut neatly.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

sergeis64

It all depends on what is your theme for the band. Personally I have nothing against grass and sand- but some models might land themselves nicely to corrugated metal of slimy pond of toxic ooze.

theemperorswill

came up with an idea for the base theme. used cut up strips of cable ties on a scratch built thunderhawk i made last year, for small vents. used these to cover base with. low and highlights applied, and finished up looking very industrial. think they look like they`ll blend in with most scenearios. pics to follow

theemperorswill

Kasthan

Nice, I like the look of these.
Place a step by step guide up as I might plifer this for other projects if it is all right with you.

theemperorswill

very simple to do. cut the tie wraps too long for the base. superglue side by side then trim up to suit. easy peasy.

precinctomega

Hadriel Caine

i really like that. got lots of spare cables lying around. experiment time!
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'