Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Fracture 2019 - Penitent Elias

Started by TheNephew, April 26, 2019, 10:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNephew

Penitent Elias

Elias received an announcement from himself, repenting for helping foment the rebellion that cost his daughter her life. Sleepless nights and harrowing dreams followed.

Pre-empting that fate, Elias divests himself of most of his worldly goods and sets out on a proof-of-faith pilgrimmage to stop the revolution - dragging a stone tablet to carve his testament into.

Along the way he was adopted by ash wastes prospector Efral Calgin and his cowled guide. Since then there have been flitting shapes on the horizon, circling.

Distractions. He has nearly reached his destination.

#

I'm thinking of Elias as driven by guilt and fear of successful revolution. Despite or because of this, he's very determined, and his journey through the desert has made him hard (though it's probably not done his lungs much good). He's still the smart and charismatic head  of a vassal house under that coat of dust.
Calgin found Elias dragging his stone across the wastes, and a fast friendship was formed. His guide and two elusive attendants are completing a contract with Calgin, and are willing to follow him out of the desert for it.

Elias will have pretty good stats all-round, but have close to nothing equipment-wise.
Efral Calgin is also in good shape, but far less motivated and not a sociable man by habit.
The guide, a heavily cloaked mutant of unclear prividence, and his sidekicks, are almost bird-like quick and light. Good hunters all, they are good shots with their stub guns and acid-sprayer.

TheNephew

I just lost a multi-hundred word post...
[manyswearwords]

Suffice to say, I had a lot of fun despite treacherous dice and incompetent characters, and lookf orward to the next one.

I'll put up a summary when I get around to it.

MarcoSkoll

You can say "treacherous dice" again. I can't recall when I last saw a character fluff a risky action by rolling a one on every single die.

Still, glad you enjoyed it, and hopefully next time we'll get a bit luckier about player numbers* so there's some more politics; it gets trickier to have that aspect of it when characters keep recognising each other between games.
* I did get messages explaining the absences, so it did seem to be genuine chance rather than just a case of "I can't be bothered to turn up".
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

I'll start poking a Notepad rewrite of the post, have some of it up over the next week or so.

I'm not sure if Elias ever gets out of Dan's basement, but Efral Calgin's probably off into the wastes again (minus a gaggle of mutant guides/bailiffs) to seek his fortune.
Might be missing a couple of ribs and a couple of feet though, so there's that to account for.