Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dallo says hello

Started by Dallo, April 28, 2019, 05:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dallo

Hi folks,

Having purchased a massive 40k bits lot, I discovered a tall, metal lady mounted on a 40mm base. At the time, I wasn't convinced it was even GW. Having done some research, she's an Inquisitor model.

I doubt I'll ever get any games in, but I like the idea of painting up that model, as the different scale offers some nice conversion opportunities.

With that said, I thought I'd join the forum and say hello.

One question I have, and wasn't sure where else to ask it is can you change the colours of the board when you view it? I don't know about you folks, but I find the colours pretty hard to read.

Dallo

MarcoSkoll

First up, the traditional Big Yellow WelcomeTM:

WELCOME TO THE CONCLAVE!

Quote from: Dallo on April 28, 2019, 05:20:56 PMHaving purchased a massive 40k bits lot, I discovered a tall, metal lady mounted on a 40mm base. At the time, I wasn't convinced it was even GW. Having done some research, she's an Inquisitor model.
In more recent years, I've seen enough GW staff that don't recognise the range. Although the models did linger on on the store for a while, it all became fairly niche after the end of the Fanatic division meant there was little promotion of the range.

Which model specifically is it?

QuoteOne question I have, and wasn't sure where else to ask it is can you change the colours of the board when you view it?
If you head to your profile via the top bar, then go to the Look and Layout section, you can change the theme.

Other than the Conclave's custom theme, there's only a few standard SMF themes, which are different variations on white background, blue headers and black text.

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dallo

Hi MarcoSkoll,

Thank you for the reply.

I'm not sure what the model is called, but I'm sure you folks can help identify her.

Obligatory potato photo below.

Dallo

mcjomar

That would be an Inquisitor Jena Orechiel model.

It looks as if she's lost the topknot in her hair though.
She's also missing her front braids.
And her right hand.
Looks like a conversion opportunity first, before painting.

You'll find some of the 28mm scale parts may work to fix that right hand - maybe she now has a bionic hand to carry her gun for example (space marine, or the newer AdMech 40k forces should have bits that will work for this).
As for the hair, I think you'll just have to take a gamble with some Greenstuff - tutorials will help you through the worst of it and, honestly, hair and fur is the easiest thing to sculpt in GS.

I can't really tell what's up with her face though. Good luck with that?
(If it's as bad as it looks in the photo, you'll maybe need to consider giving her some sort of face mask. Possibly steal a harlequin front, or maybe something else with a mask or helmet, and do some cutting and shaping).
Maybe she was horribly disfigured in a past mission (or maybe she's a mutant? I'm sure you'll have plenty of other ideas).

"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Dallo

Hi mcjomar.

Thank you for the identification and the suggestions. The face is more or less fine, though I may strip off the undercoat and redo it. The braid is kicking about somewhere, but I may leave it off to distance the conversion from the original model.

I've replaced her gun hand with one of the Cawdor pistols. The hand is a bit smaller than the other hand, but I'm happy enough with the scale as smaller hands are  a bit more feminine. I've removed her other hand from the cloak and will replace it.

Currently toying with using a Pox Walker hand to add some mutation, though I may just use a normal hand of roughly equal scale.

I'll maybe add some proper photos and start a project log.

Dallo

Dallo

One other question I have is regarding forum rules on threadromancy.

When is/isn't it acceptable to comment on a post? At Bolter and Chainsword the guidance tends to be anything older than a few weeks to a month is considered threadromancy. However, given the slower pace of threads here, is there a socially acceptable timeframe? For example, stuff in the 40k lore forum on the front page is from 2018. Can I post on that?

Dallo

MarcoSkoll

Speaking as the head honcho: silly jokes about something someone said two years ago are a "no", but sufficiently worthwhile contributions to a thread have no time limit (although don't necessarily expect a response from the original posters).

Given we're a forum for an 18 year old game, we're used to ideas and discussions trickling in relatively slowly. It's not like we've got a rabid fanbase devouring the latest army lists.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles