Author Topic: (Proposed) Summer Conclave 2019, 3rd (and 4th?) August, Element Games, Stockport  (Read 62 times)

Offline MarcoSkoll

• Arch Data-Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Time for some thrilling heroics.
Although it seems that WHW is relaxing the strict "first-come-first-served" policy they put in a while ago, we've suggested for a while that we should be looking at Element Games up in Stockport/Manchester for events, particularly as it will be more accessible for our members oop north.

I've got in contact with Element, and although I would have preferred July, they've currently offered the first weekend in August (3rd and 4th).

I have no concrete plans just yet, but there are two main questions to answer:

- I'm expecting this will be a 28mm event, but if the numbers would allow it, I would be very happy for it to be a dual-scale meet. Thoughts?

- I would normally run one-day Saturday meets, but as it's already a bit of a trek for me, what would interest be like in a full weekend? (Possibly two separate one day stories so people could do only one day if they need, possibly one run-through event if enough people would be available).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Offline mcjomar

• Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Courage and Honour!
That's pretty close to the end of a planned holiday for my wife and I (our first anniversary).
Arguably I might be able to wrangle the 4th, but I couldn't guarantee anything, and I'm sure I'd have to miss the 3rd.
I could bring either scale, currently.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Offline TheNephew

• Inquisitor Lord
3-4/08/2019 is one weekend that I definitely can't do, unfortunately.

Offline Van Helser

• Warmaster 2011
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
    • My Models
Baby due on the 2nd of August, MSc dissertation hand in on the 12th of August... Can't quite see myself squeezing a game in!

Ruaridh

Offline mcjomar

• Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Courage and Honour!
Congrats and good luck respectively!
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.