Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

(Proposed) Summer Conclave 2019, 3rd (and 4th?) August, Element Games, Stockport

Started by MarcoSkoll, May 14, 2019, 01:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Although it seems that WHW is relaxing the strict "first-come-first-served" policy they put in a while ago, we've suggested for a while that we should be looking at Element Games up in Stockport/Manchester for events, particularly as it will be more accessible for our members oop north.

I've got in contact with Element, and although I would have preferred July, they've currently offered the first weekend in August (3rd and 4th).

I have no concrete plans just yet, but there are two main questions to answer:

- I'm expecting this will be a 28mm event, but if the numbers would allow it, I would be very happy for it to be a dual-scale meet. Thoughts?

- I would normally run one-day Saturday meets, but as it's already a bit of a trek for me, what would interest be like in a full weekend? (Possibly two separate one day stories so people could do only one day if they need, possibly one run-through event if enough people would be available).
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

That's pretty close to the end of a planned holiday for my wife and I (our first anniversary).
Arguably I might be able to wrangle the 4th, but I couldn't guarantee anything, and I'm sure I'd have to miss the 3rd.
I could bring either scale, currently.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

TheNephew

3-4/08/2019 is one weekend that I definitely can't do, unfortunately.

Van Helser

Baby due on the 2nd of August, MSc dissertation hand in on the 12th of August... Can't quite see myself squeezing a game in!

Ruaridh

mcjomar

"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Cortez

Sorry not had time for organising anything lately (turns out getting married and setting up a new home is quite time consuming...).

Anyway while I'd prefer a 54mm event, I can probably knock together a team for this.

TheNephew

Yes
No.
Turns out that's pretty much the only weekend that far away I definitely can't do.

Heroka Vendile

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

mcjomar

MarcoSkoll

Given generally low availability, and the fact that some serious hiccups in my scheduling have made it very difficult to plan, I'm taking the decision to reschedule this later in the year.

As I've also not been able to take any steps towards preparing the London Grand Tournament either, this does however mean we no longer need to worry about any such clash, so we should have more freedom about when to time this event.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles