Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Salute display - 13th November 2021, ExCeL London

Started by MarcoSkoll, June 02, 2019, 12:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNephew

InqB'n'B?
AirB'n'EYHBTIAL?
Renting a flat is probably not the answer to already-over-committed resources.

I'm likewise in, bar reet propa quarantine.

MarcoSkoll

To no-one's great surprise, Salute has been cancelled.

(Strictly they're wording it as "postponed", but they're postponing it to the same time next year, so...)

Dependent on the situation, I will see if there's any possibility to do hold a mini-meet instead, but in light of the scale of the pandemic, this will have to be carefully considered.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor_Snarf

Sad to hear but for the best to slow things down.

MarcoSkoll

To keep people appraised, and to no-one's great surprise (I wasn't really bothering much with preparations), Salute 2021 has been postponed again.

The new date will be Saturday 13th November 2021. I will look into recruitment for people to help out with the display closer to the time, dependent on whether it is actually responsible to be getting involved with a large event. (Hopefully, vaccination and transmission rates will be far safer by the time).

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Due to some complete stupidity and other hassle at my end, I've managed to mostly forget about an e-mail I've had from the Salute organisers that I was supposed to be responding to promptly.

Do I actually still have willing volunteers for putting on a display game, or am I going to have to tell them we're turning down our space?

As is, 13th November should be after a vaccine roll-out is complete, so large events will hopefully be relatively safe, but I will understand if people are reluctant.

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

I'm still up for it, successful vaccine roll-out conditional.
I understand this is probably too late though.
Grim old year.

MarcoSkoll

This is more or less what I already told them - that we still wanted our space, although we considered everyone's safety and health more important than the show.

I made the assumption that I would hopefully be able to find enough victims volunteers to assist closer to the time. Hopefully I'm proved right and I won't need to send our apologies.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Hello all!

I know things have been quite quiet of late, but we are still booked in for this display game.

The current plan is still to split this into a morning and afternoon display, in order to give participants some opportunity to explore the wider show, but that may be dependent on how many volunteers I still have.

If you're going to be available to help out, please let me know as soon as possible so I can try to finalise plans! (Although I realise that last minute panics if someone gets Covid and has to self-isolate are not impossible).

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

I'm still up for it.
Edit: Well, providing the country isn't burn down in the nth wave then.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: TheNephew on September 11, 2021, 05:11:29 PMEdit: Well, providing the country isn't burn down in the nth wave then.
Yes, in the eventuality that the event seems like it's going to be unsafe, then I'm prepared to cancel even if Salute themselves have not.

However, right now I'm really not getting many responses either way, so I may have to cancel simply due to lack of assistants...

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

currently trying to work out logistics but i should be available - just gotta see about tickets and transport
thankfully i have a  big folder of scenarios that can be run quickly
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on September 19, 2021, 09:49:39 PMcurrently trying to work out logistics but i should be available - just gotta see about tickets and transport
If you're talking about tickets for Salute, I've got eight exhibitor's wristbands at my disposal (and can potentially add two more if needed), so don't worry about that. (If you're talking about train tickets, fair enough).

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on September 19, 2021, 09:49:39 PMthankfully i have a  big folder of scenarios that can be run quickly
Well, the plan here is a display game (well, a morning and an afternoon one, to allow people some of the day to explore), not participation games - and in that respect, I was hoping that I could tailor the scenarios to a set of known characters, although that's obviously going to be a bit of a challenge with the possibility people might have to drop out if they catch Covid.

I did look at the idea of participation games, but trying to run a fulfilling game inside no more than half an hour didn't feel practical... and well, Inquisitor is one of those games that doesn't work well if people assume it's a straight up fight, and I'd say the risk of pick-up participants doing that is very high (and having a GM try to steer them away from that approach could come across as "No! You're playing the game wrong!").

I figured it was better to take experienced players and run a large game, because that also means we can get all the attention grabbing stuff like 54mm vehicles out to play.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

or a half dozen Space Marines O:)

regarding tickets - aye, had planned on a pair of salute tickets and currently looking if i'd get the train or drive up

as i'm down to just the jerichos, do you have the actual inquisitor characters painted? i don't think i ever assembled a mini stock  :-[

i did a scenario where players sifted through scrap piles and i gave out wargear cards, that may work - i'll dig out all my pre-prepped sceanrios and have a look
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on September 21, 2021, 08:32:00 AMas i'm down to just the jerichos, do you have the actual inquisitor characters painted?
To clarify, by "a set of known characters", I mean that it will be discussed in advance with the people playing which characters they will be bringing, and I will tailor the scenarios to those specific characters.

We are in the position that we can actually plan out a game more in-depth than usual and we don't have to resort to the scenarios having to be sufficiently generic to work with whoever and however the characters match up. And while there is the possibility of an emergency where a player has to drop out due to Covid or the like, then we'll get a set of stand-in characters/models to take that role in the scenario rather than necessitating a last minute rewrite.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

If you have volunteered, can you contact me with details of the characters you'd be bringing? The general theme I'm going to be working to is politics relating to the upcoming Alykia crusade, and I need to try to plan out scenarios that best fit the characters.

If you haven't yet volunteered, I am still looking for more recruits to the cause; currently I'm very short staffed.

GW's =I= articles