Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Salute display - 13th November 2021, ExCeL London

Started by MarcoSkoll, June 02, 2019, 12:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

i think i'm gonna have to pass - trian looks to be about £160 - of 1/2 a weeks wages :(
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

Throne, that's a ridiculous ticket Gav.

I'm hoping to have a Rogue Trader's seneschal Chal Kerijo (name in progress) shepherding an Adeptus Mechanicus representative and bodyguards, and two representatives of the Tau's trading federation offering technologies, accompanied by their Tau pilot and human cultural interpreter.

I was expecting the seneschal to be the main active character, directed by the representatives. Hopefully in six weeks Ican find a hand I like and finished the paintjob on not-Kal, and finished up the pilots control-vanes.

greenstuff_gav

that is pre-booked tickets :(
unless we have a lotto win before then, salute is a no-go for me - hopefully i can get the gaming table built ASAP to get some games of Inquisitor in!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Eesh. Where are you coming from these days? I'd've expected tickets from the Bath area to be less than half that, even buying on the day.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

As far as keeping you up to date (particularly as it relates to event safety), the Warlords have sent out an e-mail reminding attendees of ExCeL's own entry requirements: https://www.excel.london/visitor/your-safety

Although it's possible they will update the requirements later, currently a proof of double vaccination (such as an NHS Covid Pass letter), Covid-19 antibodies or a negative lateral flow test will be required for entry. And, indeed, masks are recommended.

~~~~~

Beyond that, I am still hunting for more volunteers if possible. Let me know if you can be available. Obviously, it's in our interests to put on a good show, as some decent publicity may significantly increase our player pool for future events.

GW's =I= articles

TheNephew

Do Warlords have any info on what constitutes 'proof'?
I know several people in events management that have had customers struggle if they do not use a smartphone, as many venue terms dictate they require 'proof' via smartphone NHS app, and cannot accept a physical lateral flow in person. I don't use a smartphone either, hence my concern.
I'm in the slow process of updating my address to get a Pass letter anyway, so hopefully it won't matter.

What's the lowest number of folks you'd run the table with?
I'm willing to soldier on through a full day stint, but having a third/fourth to swap out for a walk and peruse, and keep the scenario(s) chaotic, would be good.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: TheNephew on October 03, 2021, 03:08:56 PMDo Warlords have any info on what constitutes 'proof'?
I don't immediately know that, but I will contact the ExCeL centre (it's the centre's requirement, not the Warlords') to find out.

QuoteWhat's the lowest number of folks you'd run the table with?
If people were prepared to muck in for the full day, then three other than myself would be just about manageable. I'm planning to have much of the scenario set up so it can run without me, in order that I can drop out to talk to people as required.

And I do, theoretically, have three right now. RobSkib is working on arrangements, but will be coming with another player from his circle. (I was also contacted on FB a couple of weeks back, but haven't heard back from them).

Also, I have been sitting on a backup plan that I'm about to put into action and I hope will work to get some extra players. I know that every time Gav Thorpe tweets about anything Inquisitor related, he gets a load of people who say "Hey yeah, I used to love that and I've still got all my old models". So I'm planning to be cheeky and ask him to retweet a help request, in the hope that brings anyone else out of the woodwork.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

ExCeL have confirmed that, yes, Covid pass letters are acceptable.

And, while I've not actually had to do a lateral flow test at any point myself, my reading of their email implies that if reported online, the confirmation text can be received by any phone, without requiring the NHS smartphone app. However, unless there's something I'm missing, I'm not entirely sure how self-reporting a result via a website constitutes good proof, but hey.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Being open, RobSkib has withdrawn due to a misunderstanding over event details, which means that TheNephew is now my only confirmed assistant.

I'm attempting to chase down any of the people who had tentatively expressed interest, but it's looking like I'm going to need to either come up with a very revised plan quickly (which might end up being a static display, as I can't see a good way to run Inquisitor as participation, which isn't even what we're in the programme as), or send my apologies to the Warlords.

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

I'm unable to make it that day due to other life events that refuse to be shifted.
Sorry  :(
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

mcjomar

And murphy's law strikes, but this time in my favour.
That weekend is now open, and I can make it, bringing Samantha, Jack (interrogator), and their Law Enforcement Officer (LEO). (Might play with that, and say she's a "Leonine", etymologically derived from "Law Enforcement Officer - Precinct Nine" from some part of the history of whatever planet she's from).
Plus, y'know, some other minis for general display.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

TheNephew

What does the table surface/mat look like, colour-/texture-wise?
I haven't based up my stuff yet, no harm in getting it all matching.

MarcoSkoll

Sorry for a slightly slow reply - I'm juggling quite a lot!

As is, the table is fairly generic grey industrial, so use that as your cue. (As much as I like mixing my industrial and forest sets, I think here I want to go for the full nostalgia factor).

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Assorted prep for Salute.

Finally decided to get a test piece for a 'Clave shirt printed - front is good, less impressed with the glow on the back, so I think for a full batch I'd default to straight black/white:

And some leaflets. Not the fanciest paper or printing, but better than I could have run off on a home printer, and it gives us something to throw at people and hopefully improve their chances of showing up in the community:

GW's =I= articles