Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

WIP Bounty Hunter

Started by lestat, April 05, 2011, 10:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lestat

I recently managed to get my hands on the Bounty Hunter model and decided to do some minor conversions to it. The head is from the Covenant model and I gave him a large bowie knife converted from a 40k scale Ork choppa. The original head from the Bounty Hunter (the one with the broad-brimmed hat) I am actually using on the Covenant model and building an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor - I'll get some pics up of him later.

I know he looks a bit Optimus Prime here, but the mask does grow on you.

Any C&C are more than welcome.

dirkthe1

Are you buying up every model I spot on ebay?!

I like it with the head swap-is that a rebreather?

lestat

Quote from: dirkthe1 on April 05, 2011, 10:51:30 PM
Are you buying up every model I spot on ebay?!

I like it with the head swap-is that a rebreather?

Apologies  ;) Saw this one and had to have it - mainly for the head as I've decided to build a Hereticus Inquisitor.
Yes, it is a rebreather. I don't know whether to add some vents/holes or not. Any suggestions?

Myriad

Another simple combination of parts I've not seen before.  Has anyone worked out how many permutations there are?  Something of a dark eldar ninja look about this guy actually, pretty cool.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Necris

Consider the face stolen

It needs more if it's a rebreather maybe some bits of round sprue on either side (or one side) or a pipe coming from it, though as it is reminds me of ra's al ghul from batman begins ala this pic

Which Ironically because of his facial hair would not work  ;D but thats me being a geek (and past knowledge of working for BNFL's respirator fit testing department )
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Dolnikan

It is a cool kind of mask and it does the most important thing, it makes him look cool and 40k is after all ruled by the rule of cool.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

lestat

Thanks for the input folks.

@ Necris: Glad you thought the mask idea was good enough to be "stolen"  ;D . I've got a couple of old SM bike hubcaps in my bitz box which I think would work well as a filter.

@ Dolnikan: never mind WYSIWYG when you've got Rule of Cool!

@ Myriad: Now you've mentioned Dark Eldar, I'm starting to see a possibilities an Eldar Exodite.

Stormgrad

the mask is a very simple addition that makes the model stand out, i love it this certainly proves that with a few little tweaks and a small amount of greenstuff you can take an existing figure and do something original with it

lestat

@ Stormgrad: Thanks for the compliments!

I'm fiddling about with a couple of ideas at the moment for the rebreather and test fitting bits. I'll get some pics up of the ideas this weekend. The first is a filter attachment - a bit like the one in this link http://www.armynnavy.com/catalog/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/300/products_id/2178

Or maybe something along the lines of armoured hose and air canister as seen in this link - http://futuremuseum.co.uk/Collection.aspx/the_second_world_war/Object/gas_mask

The second one should be easy to do with some guitar wire and a 40k melta bomb. The first idea might be trial and error in finding the correct bit.
What do you guys think?

dirkthe1

The older style gas mask is very DKoK- I personally prefer the second style, but I would make it twin filtered;

http://www.dustmasksdirect.co.uk/3m-4279-half-face-mask-brffabek1p3d-114-p.asp

http://www.dustmasksdirect.co.uk/moldex-8000-series-39-c.asp

I know its a dust mask, but I do like the style. One thin I had considered doing with them is incorporating a little antenna unit-maybe linking into an earpiece to represent a vox/comm unit.