Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Adam's Retrospective and new projects

Started by Hadriel Caine, August 02, 2009, 03:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadriel Caine

I've tried to keep some level of reptilian features going on and may bring this out in the paint job (still stuck for ideas).

I like the idea of using Wolfen as Tarrelians. Can't believe I missed that one on the old forum.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Hadriel Caine

I have something vaguely exciting to add for my INQ28 stuff. However I can't find my camera so you may have to wait a little bit... :P
The Fall of Astraea

Molotov

INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

dwi

I love Narce, nice work with the blue and white man I have been wanting to get in too 58m scale for well a long time but I don't got a job so no money :( >:(

Hadriel Caine

Quote from: dwi on January 05, 2010, 05:04:25 PM
I love Narce, nice work with the blue and white man

thanks very much dwi, It was a bit of a departure from my usual palette but I think it paid off quite nicely, always fun to stretch yourself a bit!

Quote from: Molotov on January 03, 2010, 01:57:15 PM
You tease, you!

Not for too long Mol :)

scale shot, Gun close up, Back, Shoulder Pad detail

This guy is truescaled (as in I straightened and extend the legs a bit), a member of the Death Watch, originally a Blood Angel powerful NPC for GM use. Prizes for some of the parts used, particularly the head)

and, since its equally as impressive IMO and much easier to photograph my NPC/ end of campaign boss is done:

Very happy with this paint job and compositional conversion as a whole... just goes to show there IS life in the Dark Eldar plastics yet eh? :)

so thoughts on inq28 stuff? think we have a campaign on this term.

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

Hadriel Caine

I managed to get a nice picture of my Painting competition model, I was never happy with the pictures I sent through... sigh.

also done another grunt for INQ28. really ought to get some games in:

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

DapperAnarchist

I really like the face on the Dark Eldar - I'm now thinking that a lot of Dark Eldar are painted too much like the Eldar, rather than being wasted junkie Eldar.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Hadriel Caine

My thoughts exacty dapper!

So I have finished painting my Tarellian dog soldier and am in the process of writing a Xenos hunter warband for my Sybarite, a Kroot and the Tarellian. Perhaps an exiled Dracon trying to get revenge or just maliciously screwing over a sector through assassination and intrigue...

piccie:

thoughts?

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

Myriad

I like him.  The gun looks just alien enough, without seeming outlandish.

The whole model has a very solid feel to it.  The face has a certain lack of expression to it, but I think this adds to the tough mercenary feel.  It's a huge knife but to him it's jst an everyday implement.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Hadriel Caine

Good Lord.

It's been over a year since I added to this. Upsettingly I don't even have much INQ work to show for the last 14 months.
You've seen my new hunter of course in his own thread. Here's what else I'm currently working:

This bloke is another addition to 'Narce' Romanov's crew. He is constructed using the left over parts of Van Yastobaal with Not Orlando Bloom's head (my lovely old crusader model bit the dust recently in a table/ gravity related incident)

The 'Nid hand is going to be painted as a bionic. I liked the look of the extra sinewy fingers and bones. I need to sculpt him some more hair, fill some gaps and give him a proper base. Probably paint him around the time I do the hunter.

My house mate Rob has finished his first miniature in 7 years:

back

I'm impressed with the paint job. The hat was self sculpted when he was 14/15 and the cigarette is just a bit of paper clip left over from when I was doing some pinning! I think he looks great.

Other stuff in the works is more Inq28 stuff, including another Tarellian:

and here next to his completed mate.

Well... It's nice to be back.

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

psycho

its good to have you back buddy haha
i like the new RT mini...the hand is the same sort of thing im trying to achieve with one of my INQ Minders at the moment...although mine looks like a cross between an acid burnt hand and the hand that grabs the scientist in Alien 4......hmmm...
as for your house mates mini i love it...the head is one of my favourites and the hat looks pretty cool....the cigarette is an awesome touch....although you have to make him repent for using Kals torso in such a wanton way haha

kerby

kierkegaard

I like to Von C conversion. It looks good with that head. I never would have thought of using a Genestealer hand as a bionic.

Tell your friend Rob that the torso is off center on the legs, and that a few packs or a holster for the pistol can easily help disguise the size discrepancy between the two pieces. Other than that, It is a good looking model - I like the zombified head and the cigarette.

Sabotage!

I do like the genestealer hand for a bionic, it's a pretty neat idea. The model your housemate did is pretty cool too, it has a very 30-40s comic noir type of feel to it.

Hadriel Caine

@psycho- thanks mate, it certainly has been a while! Glad you like the bionic. I think I'll trim the finer nails a bit if I can find a less rusty scalpel...
I'm personally an advocate of cutting up Kal as much as possible :) (although I do have my own that is unconverted ofc)

@kierkegaard- Rob's currently converting a fallen angel from a spare artemis I had lying around. Its looking cool; lots of rust on the armour etc I'll mention the packs and such when he's got some glue in his hand and a bitz box next to him.

@sabotage!- He'll be glad to hear that, 30-40s noir is something we're both into (see my profile pic!) and our theatre company explores the genre from time to time.

I'm considering 'starting' a Dark Eldar INQ28 warband. Obviously I already have some appropriate minis but I have been inspired by the new background stuff in the new 'Dex.

I'll be using the two tarellians as hench men for a exiled DE dracon/ trueborn or something like that.

I have a couple of new minis built using cool spares from my DE 40k army:

I'm bringing in a Kroot as well. Or maybe something tasty from the court of the Archon...

Idea is they're going to be infiltrating various important locations in a sector and carrying out terrorist acts, assassinations and stealing intel to pave the way for a major realspace raid. I think the multiple xenos motivations and clashes could be interesting and the variety of arcane wargear could lead to some interesting scenarios.

I'll probably use the Sybarite/ Dracon with the trident from a few pages back to be the main guy and have one of the guys with visored helms as his body guard, sort of like the Incubi but less elite then a plethora of interchangeable/ disposable alien henchies.

cheers

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

Shannow

These make me want to buy dark eldar so much,,, damn you! I'm trying to save for a masters!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.