Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Adam's Retrospective and new projects

Started by Hadriel Caine, August 02, 2009, 03:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadriel Caine

It seems so recently that we had to do this before.

Re-introducing Inquisitor Jakart von Garrant, status: DEAD

He's been through several incarnations and I have now played out the scenario of his death. I just have to fill in some gaps. My main PC and third Inquisitor. Background

I'll add to this as time permits me. For now here are a few of my miniatures from the last 8 years:

Ga'reus Reynard, ex-Inquisitorial Stormtrooper Sergeant, status: DEAD

NB: the left-hand image shows the original character, under the employ of Jakart's successor Dynarl Ketzok, the image to the right is the younger version of Ga'reus shown as he was when in the employ of Jakart.

Viceroy Khonig Gronemeyer

my current PC. Chaos cultist, political mastermind and general subversive bastard. Oh yeah, he's Governor of a sector at the moment too. Lucky Inquisition...

Aldous Prowse

ex-guardsman. He is, I suppose, my narrative through-line in Inquisitor having served under three of my Inquisitors and now for Gronemeyer, who he doesn't suspect, as a bodyguard and advisor. He is severely paranoid having been present at a large number of atrocities carried out by the forces of order as well as by the agents of the ruinous powers.

more to follow.

Its good to be back...

Adam

check out www.ordopessimus.wetpaint.com for more background on these guys as well as stats and literature.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Macabre

You also forgot to mention that the Viceroy also holds the sector-record for the 100 meter dash.....

Very anarchic as always, makes me feel that my models are far too 'clean' for the chaotic insanity of the 40k-verse...
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Dosdamt

Big fan of your work, Adam. Love these models.

-Ben
It is never too late! - Mentirius

http://thementalmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi <- The Mind, for all your irreverent nonsense needs

Kaled

Quote from: Macabre on August 02, 2009, 04:09:24 PM
You also forgot to mention that the Viceroy also holds the sector-record for the 100 meter dash.....
That was funny - I've never seen a character move so quickly, both the players (and presumably the characters) just stood there looking dumb-founded as he vanished off the board.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Jakart is one of my very favourite Inquisitor models - he looks like he's just stepped out of a John Blanche painting.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Hadriel Caine

:D

thanks very much guys.

Gronemeyer... I was going to make a version of him in civies since, lets face it, he's horribly overpowerd as a PC and has tended to be used as a GM tool in campaigns since his few outings or as an RP character. I had thought of doing the model a la Kaled ie. in a suit. but perhaps I should do him in shorts a vest and some trainers...

I think I'll upload some more tonight. but I need to call some people about them giving me money to spend on bits of metal!

Adam

EDIT// making money over the phone was pleasingly easier than expected!

without further ado - additions to the retrospective:

Inquisitor Halaker

I made this as the PC for a friend of mine, Martin, who helped to build the gaming table we use at Eldritch Games in Exeter. Martin now has a horrible level 80 Paladin on WoW named after this guy. Famous for his cheese eating grin and huge naivety he's mostly retired these days due to Martin's love of Halo, WoW and Tyranids... fun model to make though!

Davros Adscrati

This was my entry to the Conclave modelling competition 2009. I hate it to be honest. but it came 4th which was nice.

Viktor

Originally sculpted as an NPC I have grown to like this model and am working on a background for him now. Used at both recent WHW tournaments, GT and Spring Conclave (although he was an NPC again at the latter due to my unforeseen GMing duties...)

Feytor, Rogue Mechanicus agent

This was an extensive conversion for a physically weak character (ironically he's a huge model) almost entirely reliant on technology for survival. He is also a fairly powerful psycher. Used at GT 2008 as part of Gronemeyer's warband.

There are quite a few left to come but looking at all the other retrospective's I am quite tempted to start a new warband. I think puritanical Ordo Hereticus will be the order of the day.

I know exactly what models I want too... :D
mwahaha. damnit no money...

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

Kaled

I love Halaker's grin - although it does just make you want to punch him in the face!

Feytor is a very cool model too.  Is his torso sculpted?  Or is it just so covered in stuff that I can't make out what it's based on?

QuoteI know exactly what models I want too...
What are they then?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

kierkegaard

I have always felt that your style suited the bizzare 40k universe very well.

I seem to remember that you had more models though...

Hadriel Caine

Quote from: Kaled on August 05, 2009, 06:19:50 PM
I love Halaker's grin - although it does just make you want to punch him in the face!

Good thing he's not my PC, cos I feel the same!

Your right Kierkegaard. I have A LOT more models. not a lot of them in Sheffield and even less of them with pics taken!
I will update this slowly.

@ Kaled- I want the Calidus assassin, the Naval Bodyguard and whatever the Female witch hunter SteveB is making looks like I want that too! Posted on Atkadian smugellers for the first time ever today!

Adam the insomniac.
The Fall of Astraea

kierkegaard

Adam - have a look on ebay (there is a complete bodyguard model, and most of the bits to make one up in seperate auctions at the moment.)

Hadriel Caine

oooh thanks for that! looks quite costly is the only thing... maybe its time to sell of Kal...
The Fall of Astraea

catferret

Prowse is definitely my favourite still.  He still maintains his scruffy Guard veteran appearance despite being a military advisor.  Shows he's still a fighter, not some desk-bound scribe.  Like the rifle too, it's a nice change from the usual lasguns and shotguns.

Kasthan

Feytor, Rogue Mechanicus agent has always impressed me. The clever conversion with the hands, wire and skulls is brilliant.

Hadriel Caine

I return.

This is my younger version of Khonig Gronemeyer for use in Inq28.

Alt view

I seem to remember having a 28mm thread... does any one remember if that was before the fall of the old 'clave? If so I will post some more of my Inq28 stuff asap!

cheers @ Catferret and Kasthan. I swear I will make a proper return to this forum soon. Bored of painting armies, wanna paint characters!

thanks a lot

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

psycho

nice conversion of the FW Reegade commander there mate
but i still prefer the 54mm stuff youve done, especially Jakart, howd he end up kicking the bucket???

kerby

Hadriel Caine

Thanks, I'm enjoying doing 28mm stuff, I find when I go back to 54mm I have usually improved my painting substantially.

Jakart's death was covering the escape of Machelor and Ketzok as the authorities closed in after the fall of the Ordo Pessimus. Basically they were all declared massive heretics and were slapped down by the ordo hereticus. Jakart died so his pupils could escape and continue his work.

Mike and I played the game some years ago. He took out a feth load of NPCs and a couple of our more powerful PCs as well. It was a very explosive end of campaign game that saw the two survivors breaking into the control room of the hereticus battle barge and ordering exterminatus on the planet below, decimating the loyalist forces below and removing any trace of their heresy as they did so.

In background terms nobody actually lived to see Jakart fall and the timeline (on my website www.ordopessimus.wetpaint.com) is intentionally ambiguous with references to Jakart cropping up well after his supposed death.
The Fall of Astraea