Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Adam's Retrospective and new projects

Started by Hadriel Caine, August 02, 2009, 03:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadriel Caine

I managed to finish another 28mm guy for INQ:

He's a warzone fig (I think) with the shuriken catapult from a guardian. He's going to be a renegade gunslinger in the employ of my magos.

Here's a 54mm guy, based on an airfix model with GW weapons and some GS. he's a bit slender but works as an NPC or a grunt:

28mm Inquisitor (character to come)

cheers

Adam

p.s. play the guess the parts game with the Inquisitor
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

psycho

brettonian head
scout arms
eversor needle pistol
looks like a necromunda bounty hunter body

that bout right lol?
prefer your 54mm stuff tbh mate
kerby

Hadriel Caine

thanks, to be fair so do I. Unfortunately not that many people in real life have 54mm collections. they can be more easily persuaded to play at 28mm.

That debate is for elsewhere.

My FLGS is running an Inq28 campaign soon so I am making 28mm scale models. I also prefer painting 28mm at the moment because I can't seem to get any ideas for 54mm conversions/ don't have the funds currently/ need to improve at 28mm for fantasy and 40k.

cheers

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

psycho

but am i correct in my parts list?
im not sure on the body though it was a total guess lol

kerby

Hadriel Caine

whoops, forgot about that, you are right except the body which is from hasslefree miniatures and is called Harby (Sin City char by another name IIRC)
The Fall of Astraea

Hadriel Caine

Do you know what Psycho? You were right. My 54mm stuff is better.
This is by no means a well constructed model (should have stripped all the parts down and done a lot of careful sculpting) but I am rather pleased with the overall feel of it and the very quick paint job.

Rear, Close up

He is a pilot by trade, in dress uniform. Possibly to be included in my new warband but most likely to serve as an NPC for now. Not sure where his pistol is from, wish I did cos I like it and want another!

Bit of a disease going on under his eye and on his hands... not sure if this is a bit of nurgle's rot or just from living on a flight deck... we shall see!

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

Adlan

Molotov

Adam, I'm really liking your INQ28 stuff - a nice imaginative eye for conversions that are well executed. At some stage you should gather together some pictures and some text so they can be featured on the INQ28 blog! I'd really appreciate it. :)
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Hadriel Caine

You know it may well be a necromunda pistol... will have a look at my necromunda stuff when I get back to uni to confirm!

@ Mol- thanks, send me a PM with details of what specifically you would like me to get together!
The Fall of Astraea

Hadriel Caine

Colour study for a future 54mm project. Also for use in Inq28.

I've been experimenting a lot more with the foundation paints and the washes recently. Lots of mixing to make the highlights look more natural than my older work. I have found that adding a bit of denhab stone to any given colour makes for a nice highlight...

Flesh has been interesting this summer as I only have dwarf flesh at home (most of my paints are at Uni) so I've been mixing there as well. Not so sure but think it looks ok.

54mm Sneak Peak:

Bit of a blast from the past, who remembers this guy?:

or this girl?:

I seem to have been doing this for a long time...

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

psycho

memba the female rogue trader as it inspired me to do one of my own
infact its still sat on my workbech at the minute
got no idea how to work the torso into boobies lol

kerby

Hadriel Caine

I seem to recall buying the female rogue trader pre converted and only painting her so I can't offer much advice I'm afraid!
Glad you like her though, think I sold her in the end...

Ok here is tonight's effort (I am aware that is 2.20 in the morning but I got my head opened up with a scalpel today so sleeping is interesting.)

Gunslinger for my new warband:

Rear

He took about 4 or 5 episodes of Father Ted to paint.

Hope you like him!

I should go to bed...

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

psycho

Sheesh man you alright?
Love the mini though and i love Father Ted to lol

kerby

Hadriel Caine

Thanks very much man.

I had a cyst on the back of my head that got infected and went rank. I was pretty ill with it. GP prescribed some antibiotics, which I had a massive allergic reaction to, and then I had the cyst cut out and drained yesterday.

I now have a rather fetching bandage bandana (I wouldn't let them cut my hair) as the wound is still open and 'draining'. Annoying thing is I was meant to be going wakeboarding with my girlfriend for our anniversary on Monday which i now can't do.

:(

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

psycho

LOL women are a pain in the as, just broke up with my 2 year girlfriend on monday and now have more time for drinking, getting my 16v clio sideways and painting Inquisitor minis lol
well glad your alright mate hope your head heals up quickly buddy

kerby