Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Adam's Retrospective and new projects

Started by Hadriel Caine, August 02, 2009, 03:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ynek

Ouch. Sounds like a bad one.
Well, I'm sure that a resourceful fella like yourself will be able to find something else fun to do with his beloved.

On a more related note, however, I really like that gunslinger. He's got such a great character and personality to him that I really like, and which makes him very different from the stock GW models that he is based upon.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Hadriel Caine

Thanks Ynek... I'm sure we'll think of something.
@ Psycho sorry to hear that man, although sounds like your having a good time, nothing like Inquisitor for filling time!

ON TOPIC//
He is quite dynamic isn't he, was quite pleased myself. The pictures don't really capture the model's sense of movement, wind swept hair etc... Quite a fair bit of this guy is sculpted actually, impressing myself after all this time.

The plan for the leader of the warband is to get jan van jastobaal's head and the bodyguard's body (crazy rare I know) but that is all going to be someway down the line I think.

cheers

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Adlan

Thats one sweet Conversion! I like that alot.

What did you have to reposition? Is most of the foreleg rescultped?

Hadriel Caine

Its rather a lot more simple than it looks actually!

I resculpted the upper arms, the back of the trench coat and all the hair.

The legs are box standard- All I did was bend the rear foot/ ankle so that is was flat when the front foot was touching the ground (rather than standing on a box) simple really. It came to me whilst I was looking for a box to stand the right foot on and rested it on a base: coupled with the flow of the coat it just looked like he was running.

An Actual Update of sorts, this is a retrospective after all:

Inquisitorial Bodygaurd Inq28

Inquisitor Dynarl Ketzok (now been butched to make the most recent 54mm mini)

EDIT// thinking about it I may use the young gunslinger as Dynarl Ketzok pre working for the Inquisition...

Grim the Squat, SOLD

Prospero Larchi. Rogue Trader SOLD

Brother Hadriel

Brother Tyriel

Cultist Lennon

Thats everything I have a picture of, I'll check my collection against the log to make sure there isn't anything obvious I've missed.

Adam

p.s. actually I have Kal Jericho knocking around somewhere, need to get a pic of him up.
The Fall of Astraea

Hadriel Caine

I found this image of my IGT 07 warband.

It made me think of the other incarnations of my models.

Here is my original Inquisitor Dynarl Ketzok, bought on release day 2001.

this character has been retconned more times than I can remember.

Baal Firenze

Ketzok's acolyte, this character was executed as a heretic (he was a vampire and a pyromancer...). See if you can figure out which of my more recent miniatures include parts from this guy.

Kal jericho

AdMech Magos Opdat

The original private Aldous Prowse

lastly Narce Romanov, my most recent character, he has his own thread :)

there are some more to come that photobucket won't upload right now...

thoughts? feedback?

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

Myriad

Other than that Narce Romanov remains excellent, that is a tech priest with something serious to say.

and that's one of the biggest powerswords I'vec ever seen.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Tyrant

The one that stands out to me is the Toothpick murke with the body guards head... he looks heavy duty!
AKA SquareWave

precinctomega

QuoteBaal Firenze

Ooh, canonical character, there.  I'm pretty sure Baal had red hair and a forked beard.

R.

Hadriel Caine

Yeh I know. I must've picked up the name when I was quite young reading the Inquisition War (I think). Anyway this guy was called Baal Firenze for a long time before I realised it had previously belonged to somebody else!

@ Myriad- which powersword in particular?

@ Tyrant- I think you mean Ga'reus, he's only got murke's torso, legs are from the civillian, shoulder pad bosun, lasgun from weapons pack. He was an RP character for quite  a long time before being executed by Ketzok after having a daemon raised into his living body. he went a little bit FUBAR.
The Fall of Astraea

Hadriel Caine

Inq 28 stuff today:

I was fiddling around with some spare Dark Eldar stuff the other day and realised it would be nice to make a lesser Dracon type guy for Inq28 as an end of campaign boss or a powerful NPC. I also needed a couple of new Sybarites for 40k so I got converting.

I think I'll go with the one on the right of this image.

I also had some Kroot lying around (I had intended to proxy them as Wyches in 40k) and had been thinking about the mercenaries and alternative alien races in the 3rd Ed 40k rulebook. I had a look over on Lexicanium and decided that I could do something without havign to rely on established fluff (as there basically isn't any) and made a Tarrellian Dog Soldier:

I'm really pleased how he worked out actually and may do a squad of 5 or so at some point to act as grunts etc in an Inq 28 campaign that is slowly building itself in my head...

thoughts?

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

Molotov

Interesting take on the Tarellians. I've always liked the rendition by Christian Schwager on the Illuminatus WSG (linky-dink)

I'd like to hear more about your INQ28 exploits!

:)
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Myriad

Eep.  Scary models.  Like the general look of the dog soldier - considering it's from a birdlike kroot it's got a surprisingly solid look to it.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Hadriel Caine

@ Mol- yeh I remember seeing Schwager's Tarrelians. (I'm Excelsior on that board btw)

@ Myriad- I made a lot of effort to bulk out the upper body using GS and arms from WHFB beastmen. Quite pleased with the bulkiness. reminds me of a wolverine or a bear- v bulky upper body and athletic legs. I'm not sure if it needs more fur/ scales (depending if I go with reptilian or canine)

I was going to do a comparison of my 54mm and 28mm models at some point wasn't I? must remember to get around to that!

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

Swarbie

I love the Tarrelian. His face seems to have a lot of character for some reason.

But I LOVE the dark eldar conversions you did. They look absolutely fantastic!
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

precinctomega

I think I prefer Adam's version of the Dog Soldier, notwithstanding what a huge fan of Schwager's concept work I am.  The dog soldier as futuristic lizardman is just a bit too... overdone, if you follow.

Mind you, on the old 'clave we had a huge long thread of background to allow Rackham's Wolfen models to be used as 54mm Tarrellians.

R.