Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Sherridan Apellōn , New character for Hanja's warband.

Started by Adlan, October 17, 2009, 10:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adlan

Miss Sheridan Parkour

Hanja has only recently recruited Apellōn , selecting her from the best the black ships had to offer. She is in her early twenties, and was from a Nouveau riche family, who lived in the upper strata of an advanced industrialised planet. Here, for their sport, the youth engaged in competitions of athleticism, running the natural obstacle courses of the rocky valley's their cities were built in it. Loosing a hard fought race, against a hated opponent from a rival noble house, she killed her with a handshake. Fleein she was caught by the governors guards, she killed them all with a touch, boiling their life blood in their veins. She escaped burning only by the presence of a blackship in orbit, taking their tithe.  she survived and made it into an experimental group, testing a variety of psychic enhancing drugs, allowing her to develop her powers enough to heal, as well as harm. One of the most sucessful subjects, Hanja selected her for his retinue due to his personal interest in the project. She has intergrated well, and is being tutored in hand to hand combat by Ungen.

Equipment:
Sword
Buckler (Av 4)
Flack Jacket and Bodice (AV 2 on Chest, Abdomen, and Arms)
4 doses of Diphoterine in an injector.

Diphoterine: A psychic enhancer, Diphoterine delivers a short term boost to psychic potential, and reduces the risk of warp feedback. Unfortunately, it then reduces psychic potential, untill entirely flushed from the system. Long term effects are as yet unknown.

After taking a Dose, WP for psychic tests, is boosted by 4D10 for the next psychic power, then drops by D6 every turn. Taking another dose will boost the willpower again, and it will then drop by 2D6 and so on.

Psychic Powers:
Blood Boil
Regenerate

Special Abilities:
Catfall
Athelete

WS: 46
BS:34
S:47
T:52
I:69
Wp: 73
Sg:63
Nv:52
Ld:69

Picture here

MarcoSkoll

I'd say it's somewhat.... well, you know... to have a character called Parkour, even if their skill base didn't include "Extreme climbing"

There's nothing wrong with the character otherwise (perfectly fair and reasonable) - I'd just find it hard to use such a character named as such with a straight face.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Adlan

True, The name isn't fixed, Sherridan Mong was the other that came to mind, and only because of a sherridan I know who is a Mong. So... Parkour it was. Anything better, would be gleefully adopted. I'm a bit creativly burned out right now. Maybe a sun derived name, as she's a Emperor=Sun worshiper.

In another case of naming fail, Diphoterine is actuallya genuine chemical substance (Diphoterine is the brand names AFAIK), which we use in labs as a first response to any nasty chemicals getting on us, as it sucks out the chemicals, and is unreactive, so not dangerous like water can be.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Adlan on October 17, 2009, 08:29:18 PMAnything better, would be gleefully adopted. I'm a bit creatively burned out right now.
And I'm awake for in excess of 30 hours right now, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow if you actually want me to give a feasible suggestion. I'll see what I can do though.

GW's =I= articles

Srixx

Quote from: Adlan on October 17, 2009, 10:38:24 AM

Diphoterine: A psychic enhancer, Diphoterine delivers a short term boost to psychic potential, and reduces the risk of warp feedback. Unfortunately, it then reduces psychic potential, untill entirely flushed from the system. Long term effects are as yet unknown.

After taking a Dose, WP for psychic tests, is boosted by 4D10 for the next psychic power, then drops by D6 every turn. Taking another dose will boost the willpower again, and it will then drop by 2D6 and so on.

Just a query here, the character seems mildly intelligent, is there a particular reason she would willingly consume the psychic enchancer even though it has the potential to drop her WP below her original starting leveling? This could provide a number of interesting plot lines as to why she is consuming it or whether she is forced to take it etc.  Also is there a level as to how far it can drop before the negative effect wears off or does it continue (in the case of a long encounter) until she has succumbed to psychosis etc... I do like the cumulative of multiple doses though.

Quote from: Adlan on October 17, 2009, 10:38:24 AM
Psychic Powers:
Blood Boil
Regenerate

Just another interesting thing here, is there a particular reason she has regenerate? Going over the backstory you provided I can understand Blood Boil and how it ties in with the character but it would be interesting to see where the regenerate comes from (or at least the backstory behind it) gives more flesh and bones to the character.  The model that you have made for the character is also very nice. Overall nicely written

Kudos

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Srixx on October 18, 2009, 05:55:42 AMJust another interesting thing here, is there a particular reason she has regenerate?
To quote: "She was sent to the blackships, and made it into an experimental group, testing a variety of psychic enhancing drugs, allowing her to develop her powers enough to heal, as well as harm."

Anyway, she's a biomancer, so with training from the Black Ships, I'd say the Regenerate psychic power is perfectly feasible.

If it were the Regeneration exotic ability, I'd question it. The Regenerate psychic power... makes perfect sense for a biomancer.

GW's =I= articles

Srixx

And there is Marco with the trump card :P

Nicely picked up, I really shouldn't drink and post comments, too many errors that way

psycho

Like the character, also like the mini youve done for her too
But as Marco says the Parkour bt kinda......sucks  :-\
What about....Sherridan Haith......or Sherridan Largan?????
Dunno why just random names that came into my head as i type this message

kerby

Kasthan

I'm sorry to say this but personally I don't think the model suits the background/abilities.
Her clothes/equipment are unwieldy and would get in the way of any climbing. Pistols, with holsters or sword/rifle down her back would be fine, but not as they are at the moment. Also climbing with your hair down is always a bad idea (look down and all you see is hair, not holds).

For Parkour/Climbing you want tight(ish) clothes, good sticky trainers (they make some out of the same stuff as climbing shoes) and nothing to get tangled up in/with.

I'm not knocking the model or character. I like both (a name change would be wise however), but I think a they both need to be separate things. I'm not sure where you would find the right model for her background though.

Character wise it might be an idea to add; Athlete (found in the rogue pyskers pt. 2 PDF). I think it is fitting for the character.

Srixx

Belladonna - Salvenger (Reaper)
http://www.fantization.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=6364
Not sure whether this model is still available but if you trimmed off some of the extremeties of the gear it might make a suitable model for Parkour.

Adlan

Now thats good Criticsm, Thanks Kasthan, that sort of feedback is great.

So Name: She worships the Emperor in his aspect as the Sun, so maybe Sheridan Apellōn (Apellōn being a varient name for Apollo). Hows that sound.

WP reduction: When it drops to 0 she passes out, as anyone does when a stat drops to 0. Bit harsh, but once she starts taking it, she has to keep taking it.

hmmm. Maybe when she takes another dose, it should reset her WP to 73 again.

As for why she takes it? It gives her fantastic control over her powers, extra protection from demons/ failure and is generally a bit of a power trip. Fainting occasionally is well worth it...   For now.  ;D

Quote from: Kasthan on October 19, 2009, 06:35:47 AM
Character wise it might be an idea to add; Athlete (found in the rogue pyskers pt. 2 PDF). I think it is fitting for the character.
Link?

making the character fit the model is more important than finding a model for the character to me.

Srixx

Seems fair that once she starts taking it she would continue to keep taking it until she is satisfied.  I would just question as to why someone of seemingly high intelligence would willingly take a drug that she is in full knowledge will knock her out.  Just seems a stark constratst between the positive and negative, maybe if it only decreased to a minimum of half her original WP before other alterations etc. 

As for the 'Athlete' special ability afaik you can find those two pdf's in MarcoSkoll's collection of Pdf's under the specific one Inqwytch1 and Inqwytch2 from memory

Adlan

Hmm, a replace of climb with:
Athlete
"He can chase down anyone, over any distance, anywhere."
The character excels at running, possessing excellent natural
balance, astounding speed and endless stamina; all useful when
chasing down a keen to escape witch. All running and sprinting
actions are at +1 yard, and never counts either running or
sprinting as a risky action, even over difficult terrain.

And a Suitable modification to back story, might that solve Kasthan's point?

As for the Drugs, plenty of 'smart' people drink themselves to unconciousness, just for pleasure.

Think I'll go mod the first post now.