Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

28mm Inquisitor Game

Started by DwH86, May 14, 2020, 12:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DwH86

Hi, new to the forums.

I've recently started an Inquisitor Game, playing with 28mm models.

Most of these will have been designed on Hero Forge, and printed on my 3d printer (So I can print one for myself and paint it  :) )

First up is the (PC) Tech Priest 'Lamegarius Ventalis'.

Too much sh*t, not enough pockets. That's life

DwH86

The next PC is the Rogue Trader Tyberius Ulysses Von Nastartes  :)

MarcoSkoll

Looking good so far.

I don't know much about 3D printing myself (my closest experience is mostly CG renders, which I've done for several of my RP characters), but what printer do you have? It's a technology that does seem to be coming into the consumer market and which I might well eventually end up getting in on, so I'm trying to keep my finger slightly on that pulse.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

DwH86

For larger items (scenery, vehicles etc) I have the 'Anycubic I3 Mega S' it's a reliable FDM printer that's one of the best value for money filament printers out there.

For miniatures I use the 'Spark Maker FHD' which is an SLA printer that uses UV light to cure a liquid resin into cumulative layers of the model.

You can use an FDM printer to print miniatures, but an SLA type printer will almost always give you better results.

My printers are on the cheaper end of the spectrum, so you don't have to dump thousands into the hobby (speaking to a group of people that play Citadel games  ::) )

I'm sure you already know this, but your models that you have created CG renders for, all you would need to do to print them would be to export a .stl file of the model into a 'slicer' program (This cuts the model into layers for the printer to print), and the model is ready to print.

3d printers are mimicking the same trend as ink printers, in the very near future, 'budget' 3d printers will be good enough (most are already) and cheap enough (getting there) that any household that wants one, will have one.

DwH86

3D printed 28mm and 54mm version of my Avatar.

Will paint some time in the near future  :)

DwH86

Got round to painting them, so photo dump   :)