Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Minions

Started by sergeis64, October 17, 2009, 05:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sergeis64

I dug these chaps out of the back of curio cabinet- I do not think I ever posted 'em.

This guy was painted about 5 years ago and actually was used just once in a game- he was fighting with Eldar ranger in an open platform elevator- and anybody accidentally close to them had a chance of getting hit- Oops!
Essentially an area hazard. ;D

I wanted to lean him forward as much as I could- so had to counterbalance him with weight concealed in crystals on the back. Never used him in a game- so far...

I did this model a while ago- 10 years (?) as a part of project for somebody. Guy wanted a customized 40K army- Chaos with custom marine heads, weapons and shoulder pads. As a leader he had a Primarch- Magnus the Red (?)- so I made this for him. All the models were molded, and I got a couple castings. One with halberd is how the model looked like, the other had some Warmachine (?) parts added- gloves. I think for the original I used some parts of Inquisitor model- legs (?)

Kallidor

I like the two Chaos warriors. The legs are Tyrus'? I like the horns on the shoulder pads too.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

precinctomega

Based on John Blanche's Magnus illustration and other images from the Collected Visions books, I assume?

There was a Russian company (or possibly still is) that occasionally punches out primarch models based on those images in 54mm scale, but I prefer yours.  Yes, Magnus looks a little squat, but he towers at 28mm and just looks hunched an powerful as a 54mm warrior.

I approve.

R.

sergeis64

Thanks! Yep- I think legs were Tyrus'. Guy was a store owner, Inq was very young game then- and I do not think it sold well- so I think he had some opened-unpainted lying around... He had a big success at the tournament- although there were some grumblings ( at least locally) that he did not do it himself. As for me- I got a PILE of historical minis in 25mm- $900.00 worth! I stuck close to the artwork- I think it was some 40k illustration book...
There is one ( or was) GW artist that I like most of all- he usually does colored ink drawings, maybe not as stylish as others, but always over the top and great source of inspirations- do not remember his name...

precinctomega

QuoteGW artist that I like most of all- he usually does colored ink drawings, maybe not as stylish as others, but always over the top and great source of inspirations- do not remember his name...

Yeah, that'll be John Blanche, GW's art director.  He judged the modelling section of the Inquisitor Grand Tournament last year (I was chatting to Jervis Johnson, and John made the mistake of coming over to see what was going on and got roped in by my strong-arm tactics).

R.