Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Reunion - OOC

Started by MarcoSkoll, August 16, 2020, 02:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Reunion is a short burn story, that focuses on the inter-mission antics of my current Dark Heresy character, Rosaline "Rose" Katherina Xenati (freshly updated character sheet) - specifically the downtime after her formal promotion to Interrogator status, in which she finally manages to become hitched to her partner, Corporal Rivian Kinde.

Short backstory for this one:
- Rose meets Rivian 011.M42 (on Ismene).
- Get formally engaged 013.M42
- Shortly after, Rivian is called up for service on Ilithyia; Rose is forced to stay behind.
- In 014.M42, Rose manages to piss off a dogmatic cult, as they deem her academic research to be heretical - she is captured and tortured, but ultimately rescued by the Inquisition. (Mostly because the cult made the mistake of also capturing an Inquisition agent).
- After close scrutiny, Rose is deemed not to be a heretic, but the kind of person who asks too many questions - the sort that's a nuisance in general society but quite useful to the Inquisition. She is recruited into the Inquisition.
- She serves five missions, trying to keep in contact with Rivian when she can, being promoted to Interrogator status during the fifth. Debriefing takes place on Ilithyia, so the moment she's dismissed, she's out of there...

This one should run through quite quickly, as I've been writing the general structure for a while (preparing for the appropriate point in the DH campaign), and it's now mostly a case of cleaning up and adjusting bits.

Don't expect lots of thrilling heroics or violent political conflict in this one, but it's still going to try to explore other ways that working for the Inquisition can be complicated.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Mentirius

I've never played Dark Heresy, though there might come a day, but this is looking good to me - always enjoyable to see the human side of Inquisitorial life explored in between all the wide-screen stuff.  I'm interested to see where it goes.  Glad to see you writing again anyway Marco, what with the RSI and all.