Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

First Founding Project- White Scars

Started by greenstuff_gav, March 25, 2021, 01:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cymrilian

the print looks awesome. i don't think the slightly small legs are noticeable as they have a nice bulk to them and the overall height of the full mini is spot on

mcjomar

I'm not sure I entirely agree with the scale/height for the primaris - if you compare a primaris marine to a classic marine, the top of the poor classic marine's head only comes up to the chin (at best) of the primaris marine. And that's with both of them doing the power squat.
Obviously this comes with the caveat of GW "scaling" in 40k (given that classic marines are still wierdly close in height to the bog standard cadian guardsman, who share a height with the supposedly bulky catachans). But even so, I'd say the primaris marine does need to be a little bit bigger.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

cymrilian

i had assumed it was a print of a normal space marine. If a primaris, then i agree with mcjomar that bigger is needed

greenstuff_gav

aye - it's a primaris mini but scaled up :)
i don't have any old marines left and only 5 Primaris in the collection :lol:

i went 160% - would try bigger again if i was to do a Primaris marine - still got 7 chapters of the First Founding to do first :D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

mcjomar

Well if you cut down those knee-pads, he'll do fine as a slightly larger "Pansanius"(sp?)-esque classic marine from one of the chapters you've not covered yet.

A quick glance at the picture and I can't immediately spot any Iron Hands marines? (Only spotted an Iron Warrior).
So perhaps he might do well as one of those? (He strikes me as a little too static for a Space Wolf).
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.