Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

AMBOT!

Started by Charax, April 20, 2021, 10:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charax

So guess who got a 3D printer?

After years of prevaricating on it I actually took the plunge and I have to say, I think this may be the best hobby purchase I've ever made, I can do print runs of components or whole minis for a fraction of what they would normally cost and even make adjustments and remixes, essentially converting models before they're even physical.

One of the adjustments you can make? Scale!

So after spending the weekend printing a Leviathan Dreadnought, what did I do? I dug up an old Ambot file from the depths of my hard drive (Like I said, I've been prevaricating on a 3D printer for ages, I have built up quite a collection) and scaled it to 175%

and here it is (well, half of it, legs are printing now)

Eyeballing it, he looks a bit small for Inquisitor, I didn't want to just ramp him up to 200% straight off the bat, but he should be sufficient. Now I just need to paint & stat him up...
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

greenstuff_gav

i'm a recent 3D printer purchaser myself - a whole load of 3D files collated over hte year :lol:

Inquisitor is an odd one for scaling - some stuff scales up easily but others come out too small

was that a single print or done in components?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Charax

Gav! should have known you couldn't resist the 3D printer crew

It's discrete components. several of them. the legs are a pig to put together

greenstuff_gav

i've always wanted one but a friend (who's a model maker by trade) upgraded his Elegoo MARs P to a bigger one so i got it for crazy cheap :)
took alot of learning and tweaks to get the setting right but having fun with it - not really done much for inquisitor other'n Artel's not-seer and boneshees
got a primaris scaled up waiting to print once i find a spare 5 hours :lol:
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

seaglen

My god that's impressive!
Quality looks great as well!

What a terror - it's going to look scary facing down other 54mm humans!

Charax

"Did you see what he brought out of storage? I've heard stories about that thing, gives me the creeps, should have been destroyed years ago but people keep it around like some kinda talisman"

Inquisition Asset 14-Sigma-Delta

Originally brought into Inquisition service by Inquisitor Gabriella Cordona of the Ordo Xenos, Asset 14-SD is a Luther-pattern excavation automata - an "ambot" - that she requisitioned to aid her team in uncovering Aeldari artefacts long buried under an Imperial church, thought to be the source of several "blessings" reported to have taken place there.

Although originally tasked with that one goal, Gabriella found the construct to be versatile and useful in her goals, particularly when brute force was required but the forces of the Deathwatch were reticent to aid someone of her radical reputation. The Ambot was robust, versatile and utterly, utterly loyal.

Following the Inquisitor's untimely demise during an ideological dispute with her disgruntled peers, her accumulated assets were reclaimed and placed into Inquisition service. While 14-SD was destined to be returned to mining duties, an enterprising interrogator instead had the machine shipped to one of the Carthax sector's many Inquisition facilities for long term storage.

Since then Inquisitors of all Ordos and ideological leanings have found use for the lumbering behemoth, with some modifying the unit for their intended purposes or adding their own mark on the asset before it is returned to the vaults awaiting the next time it is awakened from its slumber to do the Emperor's Work.

Among other Inquisition agents, however, it has a darker reputation. Some whisper that the Ambull brain inside the machine has grown more cunning during its long incarceration, asserting control beyond what the Inhibitor chips would normally allow. Others still postulate that through contact with some Xenos artefact or malignant warp-influence the machine has gained a glimmer of sentience, some foul will of its own by which it enacts its own plans.

Whatever the truth, Asset 12-Sigma-Delta appears content to bide its time for now, acting like any good Construct and obeying the orders of its controller as expected.
at least, until the inhibitors are turned off

===== =][= =====

Progress! (And messy desk)

top carapace needs doing, head needs to be glued on and some more bronze accents need to be added. I printed some shoulder armour to bulk him out but I'm wavering on whether I should use them or not