Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

2022 Conclave Events

Started by MarcoSkoll, November 19, 2021, 05:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Just floating an idea out there - I'm aware it's short notice, but if I were to run another IRE playtest day at the end of April (either the 23rd or 30th), would there be any interest?

I'm going to have to work out *where*, as looking it up, apparently Dark Sphere has pretty limited hours at the moment (only 12-5), but, my guess is that it'd be a one table affair, so one possibility might be the Bad Moon Cafe? (Not that far from the Waterloo Dark Sphere).

Their table hire isn't exactly cheap, but it's not unthinkable for one board.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

Don't think I can afford to go down to London at the moment sorry.

As for my event the 18th is looking the best in June at the moment or we could consider the last Saturday in May or the first Saturday of July?

How many people are interested at the moment?

mcjomar

June 18th, or last saturday in May works for me either way.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

MarcoSkoll

Well, based on what people have (or haven't) said, looks like an IRE playtest in late April is a no-go.

GW's =I= articles

mcjomar

Sorry for not responding  :(.

It seems like I could make the 23rd, or possibly the 30th, as there's not a lot going on in April.
I'm guessing you'll want more than one player though.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

TheNephew

Ja, sorry, I was going to get around to posting in the negative soon, I just didn't want to deter any maybe-yes's.
April/May seems to be stacking up busy all of a sudden.

MarcoSkoll

Any movement on a date for Ascension?

I'm starting to get to the point that people want to know my availabilities in around this window, so having a date nailed down would be very useful.

GW's =I= articles

Cortez

Unfortunately I've just started with a new job so am not going to be free on the 18th (and obviously won't have much holiday  built up yet), so I will have rethink the possible dates once things have settled down.

MarcoSkoll

Seeing as Cortez's event seems to be indefinitely delayed for the moment, I'm musing over whether I should indeed look at scheduling another IRE playtest day.

It seems that Dark Sphere's hours are still short, so yes, we may have to look at the Bad Moon cafe (it is a bit pricey), but if there's the interest in putting it in Nottingham, that's something I'll consider.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

As I was in London anyway on Thursday, I figured I'd take the time to go and check out Bad Moon as a possible venue for events.

Initial impressions are good - there's a decent supply of terrain, the tables have space around for rulebooks/character sheets, and there's integrated dice trays:

It's about half a mile from Borough tube station, and not some horribly complicated route, so fairly accessible.

The downside is that it's definitely more pricey than other venues; its standard booking prices are £15 for a table for four hours, with an extra £5 after the first three people, so that's basically £10 a person for an eight-hour day (assuming they don't force some kind of "event pricing" on us).

But it's worth consideration, I think, if we want to try it.

GW's =I= articles