Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Looking for campaign advice

Started by ColonelMatt, December 24, 2021, 04:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColonelMatt

Hey everyone,

I've decided that in order to play inquisitor I need to prep some games/a campaign and wrangle some friends into taking part.

I've been working on some ideas for campaigns but I expect plenty of people here have tons of experience and I'm hoping to steal from that!

Wondering what narratives and missions you've had that have really stood out for you and other players as particularly enjoyable/tense/challenging, and in particular any house rules, campaign mechanics or progression options you've included.

In terms of progression, what kind of things would people suggest giving out during/at the end of a campaign? I'm thinking less along the lines of stat boosts and more along the lines of gear upgrades/contacts/special training, or maybe just stuff they can sell? Any good ideas for this?

greenstuff_gav

i've had several Best GM from the GTs and always feel the best way to run inquisitor is to have fun with it - the rules are a guideline to the story you're telling
http://www.darkmagenta.net/articles/Data%20Transfer.pdf

i'm always quick to point out the Conversation rules - each action spent allows a character to say something and a non-hostile character to make a reply
Inquisitor can work well away from gunfghts and these conversations, generally held in character, can help identify who we're seeing on the table! 

also written several campaigns that are effectivley selfrunning - modding Inquisitor so you don't need a GM is important so everyone can play
to that end random objectives and stuff that can't be predicted helps the person running the game, play the game!

i'm hoping to dig out hte old PC tomorrow (as home on my tod) so hopefully i'll be able to recover some pre-written campaigns and get them uploaded!
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

ColonelMatt

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on December 24, 2021, 04:52:14 PM
i've had several Best GM from the GTs and always feel the best way to run inquisitor is to have fun with it - the rules are a guideline to the story you're telling
http://www.darkmagenta.net/articles/Data%20Transfer.pdf

i'm always quick to point out the Conversation rules - each action spent allows a character to say something and a non-hostile character to make a reply
Inquisitor can work well away from gunfghts and these conversations, generally held in character, can help identify who we're seeing on the table! 

also written several campaigns that are effectivley selfrunning - modding Inquisitor so you don't need a GM is important so everyone can play
to that end random objectives and stuff that can't be predicted helps the person running the game, play the game!

i'm hoping to dig out hte old PC tomorrow (as home on my tod) so hopefully i'll be able to recover some pre-written campaigns and get them uploaded!

That all sounds great! Looking to have a mix of combat, explorations and roleplay (can you tell I play DnD?) so will definitely check out the conversation stuff.

The dark magenta article is good. I like variable objectives to keep everyone guessing. And anything that would help make a GM-less campaign would be great so I am put down a team!

Would love to see some of your campaigns for more ideas - thanks in advance!

TheNephew

The articles from White Dwarf are a good example of solid campaign progression, if you have the will to make it so. All the progression is quite explicitly steered by the happenings on the table.
Injuries and daemonic possessions and kit acquisitions get represented on the model, new skills and abilities get added, and the odd number gets changed to better represent.

Mostly though, given not everyone wants to rebuild the models for every game, it's a roleplay thing.
If the antagonists clash over an artifact, the one that escapes with it in their posession maybe gets ambushed while rendezvousing with their antiquarian as the next scenario.
The bodyguard, with his reputation tarnished, is perhaps a little more die-hard (that can be a new mechanical Ability, or just a tendency to go hard in the paint), or the attache has decided that maybe this isn't really worth getting killed for (losing a few points of Willpower, or just developing a strong tendency to tactically utilise solid cover).
Obviously, the seneschal who lost both legs to a force-sword swing, he's walking fine on his remarkably-similar-looking bionic legs - but he's no sprinter since The Incident.