Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

IGT 2022 - 12th March @ Warhammer World

Started by MarcoSkoll, January 12, 2022, 09:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

For the benefit of others, it looks like TheNephew and I will be on the 0735-0911 STP-NOT and the 1950-2126 NOT-STP.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

karandras_sh

I am planning to be there on the 12th unless work has other plans for me :) as I now have my hours confirmed for that week. I am heading over from Cheshire

Also Sumaki and his brother maybe also be attending.
All Lies Lead to the Truth

Sumaki

Quote from: karandras_sh on February 28, 2022, 09:27:19 AM
I am planning to be there on the 12th unless work has other plans for me :) as I now have my hours confirmed for that week. I am heading over from Cheshire

Also Sumaki and his brother maybe also be attending.

I will indeed, potentially with my Son in tow too as well as a third victim willing participant.
im hoping to organize a game this weekend, fair warning, i havent played for some time and my knowledge is hazy.

MarcoSkoll

Then I think we're more or less at capacity! Looking at all of the responses so far, and counting the maybes, our 12 spaces are full:

- MarcoSkoll
- greenstuff_gav
- TheNephew
- RobSkib (+1)
- McJomar
- Cortez
- karandras_sh
- Sumaki (+1-3)

If you're not on this list, but were planning on coming, please let me know ASAP so I can try to arrange an extra table!

Quote from: Sumaki on March 01, 2022, 04:45:35 PMim hoping to organize a game this weekend, fair warning, i havent played for some time and my knowledge is hazy.
I can try to arrange that less experienced attendees get grouped with more practiced GMs in their earlier rounds. I tend to find that because Inquisitor is a game with few stipulations like "No, you can't make two attack actions in a turn" that inexperienced players can mostly get away with describing what they want to do, and the GM/veteran players at the table helping work them through it.

Ideally all attendees should prep a scenario (there will be a small number of GMing byes depending on exact turn-out, but I don't know exactly how many); however, I can provide assistance with the writing process (in advance, not on the day!) if people are enough out of practice.

I will also try to have a few emergency GM-lite scenarios available to run in the event that we really do have a GMing crisis*, although I may have to work out exactly how the scoring will work there.

* For those who haven't been to a campaign event recently, I try to write most of the scenarios so that they can be run by player consensus and a card deck of surprises, with a policy of "Come and see me if you need a ruling you can't sort out between you". I'll be trying to have a few spare scenarios like that.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Right - following discussion on FB, I tried to book an extra table, but they're apparently booked out for the day. I think it's possible to accommodate everyone who's already on the list and their +1s at a pinch, but while we've got a chance of grabbing an unattended table if someone else fails to turn up, I can no longer assure more places.

I ask that people with "maybe" +1s please keep me appraised so that I know whether spaces open up for other people.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i'll have a slew of self-running sceanrios too incase anyone wants to loan any for the day :)
i've planned on running for 3 playersbut 4 works too - be good to see a plethora of people playing Inquisitor:)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Well, as far as that, RobSkib has told me that he may in fact be turning up with more than one other person, and while that does technically put us over capacity if everyone turns up, I don't really want to tell any of the groups they can't bring everyone, and I do think we can swing it if a couple of scenarios can accommodate four, as that'll hopefully let us run the first round and grab an unattended table later on.

GW's =I= articles

Sumaki

Just so peeps are aware, my son and I will count as one, he'll be doing the dice rolls and asking alot of questions as I drag him further into the hobby.

He won't need a dedicated spot.

MarcoSkoll

Duly noted. I think we're probably still at capacity though unless anyone else tells me I've got them on the list by mistake, as RobSkib had more +1s than I was expecting. While I think we can probably handle 13-14, as I don't want to turn away anyone who's already expected or in a group, I'm going to keep the target at 12.

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor_Snarf

From the other side of the ocean, hope you all have a BLAST this weekend!

Cortez

Well I'm sort of ready for tomorrow. Got my scenario prepped, didn't quite manage to finish painting my main character though and I can't find my dice. See you all in a few hours.

MarcoSkoll

Well, the nose stick told me I probably don't have the lurgie, so I'm on a train to change in London.

See you all in an hour or three.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Thanks to all who came today. Ultimately, we had 11 participants, and I think three spectators.

As far as the rankings:

- The Best Gamesmastering category was won by Greenstuff Gav
- The Best Player category was won by RobSkib
- Best Hobbyist was, likewise, won by RobSkib.

Third place went to Hammond
Second place to Greenstuff Gav
And, unsurprisingly with wins in two categories, and being behind Gav by just a point in the GMing, RobSkib took the overall crown.

The Inquisition quiz was not needed to break ties in any of these categories, but I'll go through the submissions some time soon and reveal the correct - and some of the most entertainingly wrong - answers.

~~~~~

I will also thank TheNephew for being my travelling companion, and saving me from accidentally leaving the Arvus on the train...

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

was a great day - glad to roll some dice!
thanks for organising Marco - i'd certainly be interested to see how well i did on hte Inquizition :D

a proper write-up and breakdown of my scenario will be incoming but i've not long got in so pretty frazzled!

hope everyone had fun, i know i did :)

Build Your Imagination